House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Generation Game

City Worker In Danger Of Being Fired For Being Honest

A trainee solicitor at one of the UK's leading law firms is facing disciplinary action after he drunkenly described his job as 'f****** people over for money' in a student video.

The unnamed Clifford Chance trainee is filmed describing himself as a 'City lad' on the online video for Oxford student newspaper Cherwell.

The interview was carried out for the student newspaper's series of online videos, Shark Tales, which features student journalist Toby Mather speaking to drunken students on the streets in the early hours of the morning.

he trainee solicitor tells Mr Mather 'I f****** love the ladness' which he described as 'just basically f****** people over for money'.

He later adds: 'I refuse my consent for this to go on the internet and I will sue you if you put it on'.

According to The Independent, a Clifford Chance, spokesman has said one of the firm's trainee lawyers was now facing disciplinary action.

The spokesman told reporters: 'The comments made are inappropriate and they are at odds with our principles and the professional standards we espouse as a firm.

'One of our trainee lawyers is the subject of our formal disciplinary procedures which may result in termination of the training contract with the firm'.

Clifford Chance is an international law firm which has its headquarters in the UK.

Sorry, it's the wail

He's just telling it as it is, no?

A trainee solicitor at one of the UK's leading law firms is facing disciplinary action after he drunkenly described his job as 'f****** people over for money' in a student video.

The unnamed Clifford Chance trainee is filmed describing himself as a 'City lad' on the online video for Oxford student newspaper Cherwell.

The interview was carried out for the student newspaper's series of online videos, Shark Tales, which features student journalist Toby Mather speaking to drunken students on the streets in the early hours of the morning.

he trainee solicitor tells Mr Mather 'I f****** love the ladness' which he described as 'just basically f****** people over for money'.

He later adds: 'I refuse my consent for this to go on the internet and I will sue you if you put it on'.

According to The Independent, a Clifford Chance, spokesman has said one of the firm's trainee lawyers was now facing disciplinary action.

The spokesman told reporters: 'The comments made are inappropriate and they are at odds with our principles and the professional standards we espouse as a firm.

'One of our trainee lawyers is the subject of our formal disciplinary procedures which may result in termination of the training contract with the firm'.

Clifford Chance is an international law firm which has its headquarters in the UK.

Sorry, it's the wail

He's just telling it as it is, no?

Let's not try to defend stupidity. It's like a McDonalds manager going on Youtube saying that his employer feeds people full of poor quality nutrition, or a Foxton employee saying that the people that buy houses through them are idiots who pay over the odds.

He's not a whistleblower - he's a drunk geezer.

Obviously a protege of gerald ratner.

Id fire him too though, the last thing a law firm wants is honest employees. Given London is a town full of lawyers, politicians, bankers, estate agents, street theives and a few other assorted scum, maybe he should try living somewhere else.

Speaking of poignant lines, I just caught this beauty on the film "The Money Pit" between Tom Hanks and his estate agent friend:

Tom Hanks: Why would somebody sell a million-dollar house for $200,000?

EA: Who knows?

A divorce, loan sharks...drugs, sudden death.

The point is: You get to capitalize on a fellow human being's misfortune.

That's the basis of real estate.

Have we got a deal?

Obviously a protege of gerald ratner.

Id fire him too though, the last thing a law firm wants is honest employees. Given London is a town full of lawyers, politicians, bankers, estate agents, street theives and a few other assorted scum, maybe he should try living somewhere else.

Guilty until proven innocent. :blink:

Which demonstrates that he is no good at his chosen profession, and should be handed a P45 for that reason alone.

On what grounds is he going to sue?

Libel? You can't exactly libel yourself, can you?!

Breach of copyright? An open-and-shut case of fair dealing for the purpose of reporting current events (Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988, Section 29) if you ask me.

Negligence? How could he argue that the student journalists owed a duty of care to him if he voluntarily got himself drunk and then spewed his diatribe into their camera?