House Price Crash Forum

I'm Single At 50. Why? Men Hate Me Being Brainier Than Them, Says Kate Mulvey

interestrateripoff

HOLA441

There won't be one she'll find acceptable though.

I forget the name but there was a Victorian scientist from a wealthy background who either looked down on fellow scientists because they were his social inferior or, if richer, because they were intellectually inferior.

Ah, but he was unique...just like everybody else.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

So the author of "Bikinis, Bell-Bottoms and Little Black Dresses: 70 Great Fashion Classics" and "How to Date a Younger Man: The Cougar's Guide to Cubhunting" thinks that the men she dates are intellectually intimidated by her?

HOLA447

So the author of "Bikinis, Bell-Bottoms and Little Black Dresses: 70 Great Fashion Classics" and "How to Date a Younger Man: The Cougar's Guide to Cubhunting" thinks that the men she dates are intellectually intimidated by her?

A superb bit of research sir! I salute you.

Corbis-U2101781.jpg?size=67&uid=a3b8271d-b1c1-4f75-a5ba-7721db143638

Is she an Ed Reardon type then, for those who are familiar with that show. You can't see any woman putting up with him either.

HOLA448
HOLA449
... the author of ..... "How to Date a Younger Man: The Cougar's Guide to Cubhunting"....

Funny that she's writing a book perpetuating the 'cougar' myth.

However, when she is exposed to the reality of the dating market, which is that no younger man wants a grumpy wrinkly old woman, and her only options are now men 10 years older than her (i.e. she can offer her 'relative' youth to them), she rationalizes that she is 'choosing' older men because they will be able to 'handle' her.

I'm thinking of emailing this article to Chateau Heartiste. He could write an amazing blog post picking apart the various levels of denial in this woman's psyche.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Bear in mind, that photo of her is her looking her best with a make-up artist and professional photographer. And, presumably, cosmetic surgery.

Looks like a bulldog licking p*** of a nettle, as they say.

Judging by the composition, the (harsh) lighting* and the (lack of) post-production work I suspect the photographer knew his market and was doing his very best have her coming out looking like a bulldog licking p*** off a nettle. Though he probably didn't use that term when asking her to pose.

* A single dominant light source, accentuating all those lines and crags. The shadows of her fingers are a give-away.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

No way is she 50, she looks older than my mum, and shes 76!

Yes, Penny Smith was 50, when the ITV decided she was "too old" for television! Penny always looked lovely to me! :rolleyes:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I find as I get older, the form of intelligence I value most is emotional intelligence. On the face of this article, she has little. But given it is the Mail who knows what horrors the sub-editor has inflicted on the original prose.

I think kind, with a sense of humour, is really nice! Obviously it's not just women that can't stop bragging about how clever they are! :blink:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

And she looks way over 50 to me.

In 2007 she had a facelift! That went well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-481460/What-dont-DARE-tell-plastic-surgery.html

Though something odd there (other than the "after" picture :o ):

Last updated at 08:55 13 September 2007

But here I am, just 40 years old, being wheeled into the operating theatre of a private hospital for major surgery.

So in 2007 she's 40 (and having a facelift), born in 1967, scroll forwards 6 years and she has become 49 and was born in 1964. Is she Doctor Who?

PUBLISHED: 23:11, 11 September 2013 | UPDATED: 23:11, 11 September 2013

I'm a year off turning 50,

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived