House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Top Of The Range Iphone Price Quoted At £709 For 64Gb

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2415841/Apple-unveils-cut-price-handset-More-fun-colourful-iPhone-5C-plastic-cost-99.html

The iPhone 5C is a plastic alternative to last year's iPhone 5

It comes in five colours including pink, green, white, blue and yellow

It will be shipped running Apple's latest iOS 7 software

It will cost £469 for 16GB and £549 for 32GB when bought outright

Prices will be lower when bought on a contract

The iPhone 5S comes in three colours including gold, silver and slate

Apple claim the device is twice as fast as the current handset

A fingerprint scanner is built into the 'home' button of the iPhone 5S

Called Touch ID, the scanner lets you buy apps at the touch of a button

It can handle multiple fingerprints securely

Both devices can be pre-ordered from 13 September and will go on sale on 20 September

It will cost £549 for 16GB, £629 for 32GB and £709 for 64GB, with prices expected to be lower on contract

£700 for a fecking phone!!! I have no idea why anyone would want to fork that out for a phone, I'd rather buy a new laptop and a cheaper smart phone. It will be interesting to see how many of these actually ship.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2415841/Apple-unveils-cut-price-handset-More-fun-colourful-iPhone-5C-plastic-cost-99.html

£700 for a fecking phone!!! I have no idea why anyone would want to fork that out for a phone, I'd rather buy a new laptop and a cheaper smart phone. It will be interesting to see how many of these actually ship.

as many as the last model which cost £699.

fingerprint scanner?.

perfect for crime detection....oh silly me, the NSA dont have open access to all US phones, and certainly dont look at foreigners activities, or pass them to local crime services.

I

True. And the 5 to be discontinued . I Wonder wwhether there will be some discounting?

Doubt it, they're normally very tight on that. Tiny window of opportunity.

I always assumed they just kept them as grey stock, to replace phones under warranty.

AFAIK, the lowest spec 5C will be $99 in the US...

That's only tied to an expensive contract as far add I can surmise

Shiny shiny precious things.

gollum-300x251.jpg

04_edward_tubbs.jpg

The people who crave such things will be delighted to own one which will make them feel good and happy and superior, whilst those of us who see it as a waste of money will not buy one and in not doing so will feel good and happy and superior.

Win win :)

So what is the finger print scanner for?

In the old days you had to be convicted of an offence before they could record your fingerprints. These days you get to give them to them and don't even realise it.....:ph34r:

Prism and whatever the UK spy version is called is already working on cracking the software to digitally lift fingerprints from the devices.

It is far too good an opportunity for them to miss.

In the old days you had to be convicted of an offence before they could record your fingerprints. These days you get to give them to them and don't even realise it.....:ph34r:

Prism and whatever the UK spy version is called is already working on cracking the software to digitally lift fingerprints from the devices.

It is far too good an opportunity for them to miss.

So what is the scanner for?

So what is the finger print scanner for?

obviously, its for when someone else wants to buy stuff using your phone..although I gather it doesnt do that near field stuff that credit cards do.

I generally like Apple's products but the cost of their phones seems way out there nowadays - especially compared to the cheapo, but capable enough, Android competition. I briefly checked out the 5c's pricing as I've always liked the iPhone - and it's more than 500 notes. That's about £300 more than I'd be prepared to pay for it. I suspect the emerging markets will be unlikely to go for it too.

It seems to me that we are in a bit of a lull period with regards to mobile phone development. Faster, bigger, shinier seems to be the name of the game - rather than trying to introduce genuinely new capabilities.

Is the scanner a security thing?

If I am walking the hills with an iphone user and they fall and injure themselves what happens? If they give me their iphone to go and find a signal to call for help would I have to cut off a finger just to use the iphone?

What happens after I have cut off their finger and then remember that I have a Samsung!?

I generally like Apple's products but the cost of their phones seems way out there nowadays - especially compared to the cheapo, but capable enough, Android competition. I briefly checked out the 5c's pricing as I've always liked the iPhone - and it's more than 500 notes. That's about £300 more than I'd be prepared to pay for it. I suspect the emerging markets will be unlikely to go for it too.

It seems to me that we are in a bit of a lull period with regards to mobile phone development. Faster, bigger, shinier seems to be the name of the game - rather than trying to introduce genuinely new capabilities.

There is no new wow factor in mobile phone tech currently and none on the horizon. Hence why they are trying to get us excited about watches and glasses.

fingerprint scanner?.

perfect for crime detection....oh silly me, the NSA dont have open access to all US phones, and certainly dont look at foreigners activities, or pass them to local crime services.

That's what I thought too. No iPhone 5nSa for me I think.