House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thecrashingisles

Bob Geldof To Travel Into Space

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24031979

The singer and campaigner Bob Geldof is to travel into space as a passenger on a commercial space flight.

Space Expedition Corporation (SXC) is hoping to launch 100 people into space in 2014 at the cost of $100,000 (£64,000) per ticket.

The first astronauts will travel 100km (62 miles) into space launching from Curacao in the Southern Caribbean sea.

Others who have already signed up include DJ Armin van Buuren and Victoria's Secret model Doutzen Kroes.

Mr Geldof said: "Being the first Irishman in space is not only a fantastic honour but pretty mind-blowing.

"The first rock astronaut space rat! Elvis may have left the building but Bob Geldof will have left the Planet! Wild! Who would have thought it possible in my lifetime."

Good to see all the fugging money we've given him being put to good use.

Tbe idea of a rapper and a Victoria's Secrets model trapped in orbit with Bob Geldof trying to organise Space Aid from 60 miles up does appeal.

So this is not Virgin then? Branson's lot are taking their time.

at the cost of $100,000 (£64,000) per ticket

No need to pay that Mr Geldof. I'll strap you to a rocket and blast you into space for free.

Tbe idea of a rapper and a Victoria's Secrets model trapped in orbit with Bob Geldof trying to organise Space Aid from 60 miles up does appeal.

I came across this yesterday (rather late apparently):

http://jimllpaintit.tumblr.com/

...and had been looking for an opportunity to post it. Now I enjoy absurd humour very much, but even so the Chuckle Brothers re-enacting the scene from Ghost gave me my best laugh for months (scroll down the first page to see it).

Anyway there are several comedy geniuses active in OT, so come up with your best Geldof In Space scenario and get the fella to paint it please :) .

Geldof is amongst my top ten disliked people in this world - made a fortune on emotionally blackmailing people and governments to hand over their hard earned cash, to spend on a 'charidee' solution that created more suffering in the long run, all whilst structuring his own affairs so a minimum went to the poor and deserving. Reminds me of the corrupt clergy of the middle ages.

Space is the best place for him! :blink:

He can take all that "Galtee" cheese with him! It's not proper cheese, and it should be destroyed by comic rays in space! :blink:

I generally think the bloke seems like a grade A bellend.

His 'charity' stuff and outrage at stuff - whilst doing very well himself - takes the piss.

However - he does look after the child of his ex and Michael Hutchence. Because he thought it best she was raised with her half siblings. Even changed her name so it had her dads name in it.

Now considering the history of what occurred - that's a pretty big thing to do. I imagine many people would not be able to just forget something like that and do what's best for the child.

So aye he does seem like a total tool - but he must be a semi decent bloke in there somewhere.

So aye he does seem like a total tool - but he must be a semi decent bloke in there somewhere.

Not often I disagree with you CCC but.... *takes a deep breath ready for a Godwin*

Hitler was really kind to his dog.

'Good character' has to be like lettering running through you like a stick of rock, otherwise it's just self-centred morality hat *****

Not often I disagree with you CCC but.... *takes a deep breath ready for a Godwin*

Hitler was really kind to his dog.

'Good character' has to be like lettering running through you like a stick of rock, otherwise it's just self-centred morality hat *****

The dog was Hitlers.

The child is not Geldofs. That's the point.

The child is the child of his ex wife. With the bloke she left him for and was banging whilst they were still married.

Ever so slightly different to looking after your own dog . .

The dog was Hitlers.

The child is not Geldofs. That's the point.

The child is the child of his ex wife. With the bloke she left him for and was banging whilst they were still married.

Ever so slightly different to looking after your own dog . .

Actually, I think you'll find that Hitler had the same amount of blood connection to his dog as Geldof did to that kid.

I know what you are saying, and wouldn't claim to know what I would do in the same situation - but I stand by my view that one good deed (which incidentally brings him a lot of pleasure and kudos over the long term) does not mitigate the rest of his actions.

Would have to disagree. This goes beyond what most would describe as a 'good deed'.

The child of the bloke your burd left you for ? Nah - that's WAY beyond a good deed just to make you look good.

Would have to disagree. This goes beyond what most would describe as a 'good deed'.

The child of the bloke your burd left you for ? Nah - that's WAY beyond a good deed just to make you look good.

I would agree if the father were still alive.

I would agree if the father were still alive.

If he were still alive - this situation would not exist.