House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Barclays/ing

Cut their rates to 0.5% on my wives and my savings account.

have transferred all the money out today.

**** 'em.

Same, but I had zero in it in preparation.

My Nationwide ISA is dropping from 3% to 0.5% at the end of the month. And I've got £40k in there... That's a grand a year in lost interest!

My Nationwide ISA is dropping from 3% to 0.5% at the end of the month. And I've got £40k in there... That's a grand a year in lost interest!

Almost my exact position (but it is 3.1% - big whoop I know)!! I thought the fixed period expired on 31/08/2013 so I am quite happy to accept the extra £100 of interest as I consider what to do with it. Tempted with forex, or Zopa (other credit agencies are available), best ISA rate I can find with a decent withdrawal period is 2.1% at Aldermore - http://aldermore.co.uk/personal/savings-accounts/notice-cash-isas/application/60-day-notice/ - but I don't know anything about them so if you are interested in it as always on the faceless t'Internet, DYOR!

If you find something more worthwhile please post here ... obviously I'll DMOR too!

Best wishes!

PS: so disappointed with this government ... they had such a chance to change the country for the better but have spectacularly failed ... I am ashamed to say that I voted for them.

PS: so disappointed with this government ... they had such a chance to change the country for the better but have spectacularly failed ... I am ashamed to say that I voted for them.

+1. Should have voted for the other idiots and watched the wheels come off big time.

+1. Should have voted for the other idiots and watched the wheels come off big time.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I did the same (voted Tory, LIB Dems won constituency) should have voted Liebour, six months after the GE the UK would have been cap in hand at IMF. The resulting austerity would have been the solution to our economic ills rather than kicking the problem down a generation (of taxpayers) or two!.

Actually I have to confess my 'guilt' in voting was even greater. I had hoped for a hung Parliament - I didn't want 5 years of Thatcherite Tory rule and honestly thought the Coalition would be the best thing for the UK - an economically right wing (Tory) Government with their excesses tempered by the LD's. What a mug I was!

Next time I'm voting UKIP (European elections )

For that reason I took all of my money out of Nationwide and into Premium Bonds. Not much to be made there either, but at least it's a little more fun.

There is no sign of any improvement in interest rates for retail savers for the foreseeable future.......I guess they just want us to spend it all and will then complain that we didn't save enough for our retirement.

Anyone done the maths on having a regular savings account and using the interest to buy lottery tickets? Would be interesting to see if your chances were better than Premium Bonds as I've heard the return is pretty poor.

Same here as soon as Barclays were taking over you just knew it would turn even crappier than it was .

B&M , no strings , instant access .......

http://www.bmsavings.co.uk/savings/easy-access-savings/?WT.seg_3=BMHOMEEAS1

£1,000+ 1.60% Gross p.a./ AER

1.28% Net

£25,000+ 1.65% Gross p.a./ AER

1.32% Net

£50,000+ 1.70% Gross p.a./ AER

1.36% Net