House Price Crash Forum
Sledgehead

Ch4 : Balls Apologises For Keeping His Promise

Maybe I dreamt this - it is a bit fricken surreal, but I'm pretty sure I just heard Ed Balls apologise for the noughties house price bubble. Odd, considering high house prices was the platform on which they fought the 2005 election. The Lib dems do a good job of apologising for broken promises. It seems the Labs are gonna start apologising for kept promises. Maybe this is what will differentiate the parties - after all the policies are more of less the same. I wonder what path the Tories will take? If they were seeking my advice I'd tend to suggest a policy of apologising for not making any promises - and then aplogising for failing to achieve even that!

Edited by Sledgehead

I'm hoping the unions ditch New Labour and a new party forms to represent the people of this country. Perhaps they could have a black and white logo.

Sadly, none of these jokers can help us with the current system.

I'm hoping the unions ditch New Labour and a new party forms to represent the people of this country. Perhaps they could have a black and white logo.

Sadly, none of these jokers can help us with the current system.

I don't think it would make any difference - I work with so many morons who will vote Labour untill the day they die - despite the fact that the party that they think they are voting for no longer exists.

One of them was bemoaning how the Tories have made it so that their daughter cannot afford a new house. No reminder of who presided over 1997-2007 house price rises could ever possibly alter their thinking.

I'm interested in the chance that he might have apologised for the housing bubble under Labour, but I got 0.2 seconds into that video - I just can't watch that c***.

Edited by mikthe20

i don't know how he does.

he does come across as such untrustworthy idiot. and when he says not living in real world you just think neither are you.

i think the labor party have upset there supports with the mass uncontrolled immigration for Europe and wont get elected for long time.

how can they say they support the working class when they allowed cheap labor from other countries to take there jobs,

I'm interested in the chance that he might have apologised for the housing bubble under Labour, but I got 0.2 seconds into that video - I just can't watch that c***.

I got to 40 seconds. :o

Comes across as an insincere man.....the kind of boss you would hate to have....wouldn't matter what you did it would always be wrong or if right would take the credit for it. ;)

I do share your pain. If it helps:

Direct link to house prices issue, at 2min 15 sec into video (HP issue ends at 4min 15 sec) :

His 1st reply was to say that "for 30 years" (hence including Thatcher and Major) the country didn't built enough homes.

He wants the government to spend £10bn to build 400k affordable homes. (Fine, every little helps, but wouldn't it be simpler, and zero cost, just to liberalise planning?)

Edited by Tired of Waiting

I do share your pain. If it helps:

Direct link to house prices issue, at 2min 15 sec into video (HP issue ends at 4min 15 sec) :

His 1st reply was to say that "for 30 years" (hence including Thatcher and Major) the country didn't built enough homes.

He wants the government to spend £10bn to build 400k affordable homes. (Fine, every little helps, but wouldn't it be simpler, and zero cost, just to liberalise planning?)

Thank you ToW. I still can't watch the video but your summary is very informative.