Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

The 10 Vainest Buildings In The World

Recommended Posts

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/the-10-vainest-buildings-in-the-world-8805154.html

Along with being the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai is now the world's 'vainest', according to new research.

The Burj Khalifa tower is a total of 828 metres tall but at least 244 metres (29 per cent) cannot be inhabited and is simply 'vanity height'. Without the 'vanity height' the building would be an impressive skyscraper and one of the tallest buildings in Europe.

Click here to see the vainest buildings in the world

The findings come from the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, who analysed the tops of the tallest buildings in the world to discover how much of it was unoocupiable space.

It's just part of a growing trend of adding 'vanity' height to a structure to make it taller without serving a practical purpose.

The Zifeng Tower in Nanjing, China came in second with 133 metres of 'vanity height' and the Bank of America Tower in New York came in third place with 131 metres of uninhabitable height.

So not a complete waste of space then....

30% is certainly an impressive waste of space and I suppose those in the remaining 70% get to subsidise it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/the-10-vainest-buildings-in-the-world-8805154.html

So not a complete waste of space then....

30% is certainly an impressive waste of space and I suppose those in the remaining 70% get to subsidise it.

There are some crappy new build flats in Northampton that I would describe as "100% uninhabitable height.". That makes them the winner :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eiffel Tower effectively has only 4 floors.

I wouldn't say it has been unsuccessful for Paris.

The counter-argument would be that it doesn't pretend to have more than 4 floors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   215 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.