House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

South Yorks Police Commissioner Asked To Step Down

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/south-yorks-police-commissioner-asked-to-step-down-1-6026510

Calls have been made for South Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner Shaun Wright to step down while an inquiry is under way into child sexual exploitation.

The inquiry was announced after Rotherham Council leader Roger Stone ‘apologised unreservedly’ to young people let down by council services which ‘simply weren’t good enough’ at identifying grooming victims and taking action in the town.

Leaked paperwork revealed the council and police were aware of child sex abuse for years but failed to tackle the issue, with sensitivities around the race of the culprits an issue.

Commissioner Wright, who was Rotherham Council’s cabinet member responsible for children’s services during the period under investigation, has ordered three other reviews – looking at structures in place to investigate allegations, investigating allegations of historic child abuse in South Yorkshire and reviewing historic cases in which the Crown Prosecution Service was involved in considering whether to bring charges.

I doubt he'll want to step down, the sense of entitlement will be far too strong.

Although I bet none of it was his fault, it was someone else's.

im a rotherham lad and i took great pleasure in campaigning against his wife in a local council elections.

he left for PCC Job and put his wife up as the local labour candidate in a labour stronghold. he obv wanted all the family members to have the nose in the trough.

ukip came from nowhere to take the seat.

woop woop

Well, yes, it seems the police in South Yorkshire and other areas turned a blind eye - actually I call it abetting child rape - and it should lead to prison sentences for the police officers involved, but their buddies in the judiciary are unlikely to think that something so minor as permitting child rape as long as the perpetrators were Pakistani (oh, the glories of diversity!) should lead to any consequences at all for anyone! And yes - this country did once have the rule of law!!!