House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Burglar Code

We have known about this for a while and the mail have ran the story a few times of the last 3 years, I have never seen the markings on the victims walls that I have attended and I suspect it's no longer being used.

Such people :angry: who commit these type of crimes are know however to 'sell' details of potential victims within their community, it is not uncommon for victims to be targeted multiple times by different groups.

Interesting. As a kid I heard about the 'Tramps code', whereby vagrants would mark a property to indicate if it was useful for begging, etc.

I am not sure how authentic or widespread it was, but note that it has one sign in common with the 'Burglar Code', with implicitly the same meaning.

'Tramping' itself was a form of social support, going 'on the tramp' would be to follow a particular route looking for work and keeping a record of it in return for funds provided by a union or guild or similar body.

To be on the safe side I've chalked the "Too Risky" symbol on my garden wall, plus a X on the walls of my neighbours either side of me.

:lol:

looking into it further, the American Hobos had a similar system, with some symbols common to the UK ones.

They continue, with a modern slant:

modern-hoboglyphs-1.jpg

The first one above is 'Free WiFi.'

To be on the safe side I've chalked the "Too Risky" symbol on my garden wall, plus a X on the walls of my neighbours either side of me.

:lol::lol::lol:

There's some chalk marks outside a house on our street - sort of boxes and scribbles. I had thought it was just the kids playing with chalk but now I reckon it's al Qaeda planning an attack. Thank goodness the rain has washed them all away!

Another completely made-up story from the Mail?

In all my 35 years I have never seen any of these markings on any home or pavement.... :rolleyes:

I just put an old fridge, and a Hillman Avenger in the garden! :blink:

...leave the front door wide open when you go out.... nobody will then burgle you because they think someone must be in.......for extra security see that the radio 1 is playing high volume. ;)

I just put an old fridge, and a Hillman Avenger in the garden! :blink:

Well that's just cheating and won't fool a professional.

The fridge and car should look like it has actually been grown in the garden, not just been put there.

And you need a rusty pram that appears to made of nettles and dandelions to complete the authentic "nowt worth nicking" ambience down there in Pin Towers my friend.

But if you want the ULTIMATE house that burglars avoid, then check out the bloke who lives a few doors away from Mamma-XYY-in-law in the link below.

Beer-nado Da Vinci...

XYY

A brain teaser:

I leave all the doors and windows of my home open during the daytime when I am out, in 100% confidence that I will not be burgled.

But can anyone here deduce why I am so confident?

All the information yoiu need is in the statement.

A brain teaser:

I leave all the doors and windows of my home open during the daytime when I am out, in 100% confidence that I will not be burgled.

There is a mad bloke with a loaded gun roaming the interior?

A brain teaser:

Are you mincing around the house?

A brain teaser:

You live in prison?

A brain teaser:

You have nothing to steal. ;)

There is a mad bloke with a loaded gun roaming the interior?

Are you mincing around the house?

You have nothing to steal. ;)

You live in prison?

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Burglary is breaking in at night. If the break-in happens in daytime, it is legally known as housebreaking.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Burglary is breaking in at night. If the break-in happens in daytime, it is legally known as housebreaking.

...so why if there is nothing to steal should doors have to be locked at night, the chances are there are people at home at night, some maybe listening to the radio, even the dog has good ears....therefore burglary at night is more bother and has a greater chance of capture than daylight housebreaking......both are pretty futile when there is nothing worth stealing......enter at your own risk. ;)