House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tonkers

Class, And The Lack Of It

I had a nice day out cycling around London yesterday, and I noticed:

Phillipino nannies - is this a 'thing'?

Bad manners - everywhere

Self important parents and their appalling offspring

Holland Park - the people with money are the criminal classes, scary looking ******* with hooker girlfriends

When i cycle i do it as far away from other people as possible.

Went for a 50 minute ride just east of Edinburgh last week. Probably had 7-8 cars past me the entire time.

Doing it again tomorrow.

That 'hell is other people' chap had it spot on.

Went for a 50 minute ride just east of Edinburgh last week. Probably had 7-8 cars past me the entire time.

Doing it again tomorrow.

Yes, Sartre had it right, though IMO, hell is other people's CHILDREN. :)

Doing it again tomorrow.

odd that, I wouldnt have you figured as a guy who preferred to do it on his own

Yes, Sartre had it right, though IMO, hell is other people's CHILDREN. :)

I think that is 'total hell'

His original point still stands imo :D

odd that, I wouldnt have you figured as a guy who preferred to do it on his own

Love being on ma todd :)

Doing it again tomorrow.

Benefits of living in the Welsh Valleys, excellent mountain biking and lowish population. It's a win win ;)

Holland Park - the people with money are the criminal classes, scary looking ******* with hooker girlfriends

Is this 'twas ever thus or an anthropological change? I'm too young/naive/ignorant to know.

Is this 'twas ever thus or an anthropological change? I'm too young/naive/ignorant to know.

Used to have the down at heel gentility that the English do so well. Now it's bling.

Used to have the down at heel gentility that the English do so well. Now it's bling.

Democracy and human rights, its what happens when you allow the lower orders to rise up any further than being a disposable labour force for the elite and those building a better future for the human race..

Some cracking routes out that way - Pencaitland- Gifford- Bolton or further towards Dunbar via Papple on an out and back route . Completely dead most of the time too as you say. Most people in Edinburgh don't have the first clue it's there either.

Indeed. Just made myself up a loop from Google maps and a bit of exploring in my car.

31k on great surfaces with fantastic views and very few cars.

Traprain law towards Haddington then sort of via Garvald towards Gifford - back through Garvald on another very quiet road with a few serious short climbs - before heading towards Dunbar before turning off towards east Linton to get back to Traprain Law again.

Weather looks perfect for it tomorrow - 18c with light winds and a bit of sun. Scotland really is a superb place when we get a great summer.

Wish i had found this route earlier !!

I usually do Arthurs Seat a few times which is not too bad for city centre biking.

Bad manners - everywhere

Confession time........ was reprimanded by a late middle aged lady today for bad manners and I blew my top at her.

Basically there was a queue at a kiosk and there was a four foot gap in the queue for people to get through after getting the drinks.

I was carrying two full polystyrene cups of tea for two disabled relatives and my attention was on those . The lady knew I was coming with the drinks and she was just waiting to have a go...

You don't go through here without saying excuse me, how very bad mannered in haughty voice so everyone in the queue could here.

Well I was bloody furious, if anything is bad mannered in my book it is pulling someone up for being bad mannered.

I have come across the excuse me crowd all my life, they are very intolerant and self-centered people. I can put up with any level of discomfort from people pushing past me, but if I get pullled up myself I am afraid I just see red (and by no stretch of the imagination was I pushing past). Same as if I get tooted in the car. I can cope with really shocking mistakes from other motorist and you anticipate it most of the time and accept people make mistakes, I never use the horn in anger or get angry, even when one crashed into the back of me. But if I get tooted for something very minor I again see red.

You may agree with her, but basically anyone that reprimands you when indeed you are struggling with hot drinks for getting too close and not excusing yourself is a very nasty intolerant person. The main reason I saw red is that she knew I was coming and had left a massive gap in anycase,

Confession time........ was reprimanded by a late middle aged lady today for bad manners and I blew my top at her.

Basically there was a queue at a kiosk and there was a four foot gap in the queue for people to get through after getting the drinks.

I was carrying two full polystyrene cups of tea for two disabled relatives and my attention was on those . The lady knew I was coming with the drinks and she was just waiting to have a go...

You don't go through here without saying excuse me, how very bad mannered in haughty voice so everyone in the queue could here.

Well I was bloody furious, if anything is bad mannered in my book it is pulling someone up for being bad mannered.

I have come across the excuse me crowd all my life, they are very intolerant and self-centered people. I can put up with any level of discomfort from people pushing past me, but if I get pullled up myself I am afraid I just see red (and by no stretch of the imagination was I pushing past). Same as if I get tooted in the car. I can cope with really shocking mistakes from other motorist and you anticipate it most of the time and accept people make mistakes, I never use the horn in anger or get angry, even when one crashed into the back of me. But if I get tooted for something very minor I again see red.

You may agree with her, but basically anyone that reprimands you when indeed you are struggling with hot drinks for getting too close and not excusing yourself is a very nasty intolerant person. The main reason I saw red is that she knew I was coming and had left a massive gap in anycase,

I have experienced this on many occasions.

My advice is to say 'Excuse Me' loudly a fraction of a second before you barge through using as much physical forces as necessary.

Works a treat on the trains and always leaves these type of people speechless.

If they so try to have a go at you simply reply I asked you for a way through and you ignored me

I have experienced this on many occasions.

My advice is to say 'Excuse Me' loudly a fraction of a second before you barge through using as much physical forces as necessary.

Works a treat on the trains and always leaves these type of people speechless.

If they so try to have a go at you simply reply I asked you for a way through and you ignored me

I believe I'm worse than you. When on the receiving end of bad manners, like someone pushing past me instead of indicating their presence so I can move (I'm disabled and a bit slow physically), I say "thank you for that" in a loud voice. Hopefully the culprit leaves with a red face. I guess you'd see red at that, stormy. :)

I believe I'm worse than you. When on the receiving end of bad manners, like someone pushing past me instead of indicating their presence so I can move (I'm disabled and a bit slow physically), I say "thank you for that" in a loud voice. Hopefully the culprit leaves with a red face. I guess you'd see red at that, stormy. :)

You're not as rude as my friend! She just hits them with her stick, and says "make room for the cripple, you *******"! :blink:

You're not as rude as my friend! She just hits them with her stick, and says "make room for the cripple, you *******"! :blink:

I still refuse to use a stick though it's only a matter of time. I will consider it seriously now, though!!:)