House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Father Who Beat To Death Man He Caught Raping His Five-Year-Old Daughter Will Not Face Charges Because Of Texas State Laws On Deadly Force

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2408953/Father-beat-death-man-caught-raping-year-old-daughter-shack-NOT-face-murder-charges-Texas-state-law.html

A young father who beat his daughter's rapist to death after walking in on the assault will not face charges according to the states grand jury

The 23-year-old beat 47-year-old Jesus Flores to death for molesting his five-year-old girl in a secluded barn

The authorities accepted that he attempted to phone 911 to help the man after the attack

Under the law in the state of Texas deadly force is authorized and justified in order to stop an aggravated sexual assault or sexual assault

I'm not surprised this got thrown out, I'm sure most parents would have reacted in the same way finding their child being attacked.

Seems a common sense approach.

I assume there was evidence this initial assault actually took place ?

The question is: would he have ended up with a custodial sentence here?

Yes, the concept of natural justice has long been buried here by the vested interests of the legal profession.

Though the US legal system is hardly perfect, the rapist's family will presumably now sue the father.

Yes, the concept of natural justice has long been buried here by the vested interests of the legal profession.

Though the US legal system is hardly perfect, the rapist's family will presumably now sue the father.

Sadly true, unfortunately.

Seems a common sense approach.

I assume there was evidence this initial assault actually took place ?

From the article, probably only hearsay. I hope there was some forensic done, to prove it was a "deserved" beating and not just a set-up, like this poor guy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9788265/Teenager-falsely-accused-of-rape-beaten-to-death-by-gang.html

From the article, probably only hearsay. I hope there was some forensic done, to prove it was a "deserved" beating and not just a set-up, like this poor guy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9788265/Teenager-falsely-accused-of-rape-beaten-to-death-by-gang.html

Could be a good way for someone to get rid of someone if they wanted.

Striking a balance and applying common sense is the key - a father rightfully defending his daughter and not facing repercussions from a pompous lawyers slurping too much from the 'oomin rights Kool Aid is fine, but on the other hand in the same State you have a man who shoots a young woman dead (at least second degree murder) because she was supposedly a thieving prostitute (disproportionate response to a self-made problem).

Could be a good way for someone to get rid of someone if they wanted.

You can shoot people on your property in the US - something which has been used to lure people and kill them. I watch enough CSI to know this.

UK laws go too much in one direction (tolerating/helping the scumbuckets, ignoring or punishing innocents) and the US laws go too much in the other direction (tolerating/helping scumbuckets shooting innocent people knocking on their door).

You can shoot people on your property in the US - something which has been used to lure people and kill them. I watch enough CSI to know this.

Saw a police chase program a few years back, suspect was fleeing from the police through back yards in L.A, jumping fences that sort of thing, and as he jumped into one of the gardens a homeowner (pretty sure he wasn`t a renter) who had seen him from the front just stepped out the back door and killed him with a pump action shot gun, one shot and the bloke was dead nearly immediately they said. Don`t know what the guy did, maybe only selling weed or something, but that response was totally OTT IMO. Standing your ground with the gun raised would have been more appropriate until he was off into the next garden I would have thought.

UK laws go too much in one direction (tolerating/helping the scumbuckets, ignoring or punishing innocents) and the US laws go too much in the other direction (tolerating/helping scumbuckets shooting innocent people knocking on their door).

Seems strange that door to door sales originated in the US?

Aye, nee wonder them Yanks drink coffee and not tea - the Ringtons van would need a friggin' tail-gunner...!

And the woman knocking at ya door with the BetterWare catalogue ...? That's probably Kate Adie....

XYY

Saw a police chase program a few years back, suspect was fleeing from the police through back yards in L.A, jumping fences that sort of thing, and as he jumped into one of the gardens a homeowner (pretty sure he wasn`t a renter) who had seen him from the front just stepped out the back door and killed him with a pump action shot gun, one shot and the bloke was dead nearly immediately they said. Don`t know what the guy did, maybe only selling weed or something, but that response was totally OTT IMO. Standing your ground with the gun raised would have been more appropriate until he was off into the next garden I would have thought.

Disproportionate sure, but strangely satisfying to read when you've experienced crims jumping over your fence and trashing the garden.

Disproportionate sure, but strangely satisfying to read when you've experienced crims jumping over your fence and trashing the garden.

It was strangely satisfying to watch too, and I am not an advocate of violence, something about the way the offending behaviour just came to a very abrupt halt. The guy was just running through though trying to escape, he didn`t as much as re-arrange a flower bed, the homeowner just took it upon himself to help the police by becoming judge jury and executioner.

Here in Southern California we sometimes wish we were able to shoot door-to-door salespeople on sight! We get two or three a week, whereas in Britain I'd get two or three a year.

It was strangely satisfying to watch too, and I am not an advocate of violence, something about the way the offending behaviour just came to a very abrupt halt. The guy was just running through though trying to escape, he didn`t as much as re-arrange a flower bed, the homeowner just took it upon himself to help the police by becoming judge jury and executioner.

Not only does the State (and occasionally general populace) can murder offenders without repercussion, the US locks up a horrifying percentage of the population (disproportionately the non-white underclasses), detains proportionately more people than totalitarian China, and in some places a "three strikes" policy dooms people to life imprisonment for the most trivial offences:

Not only does the State (and occasionally general populace) can murder offenders without repercussion, the US locks up a horrifying percentage of the population (disproportionately the non-white underclasses), detains proportionately more people than totalitarian China, and in some places a "three strikes" policy dooms people to life imprisonment for the most trivial offences:

Yes, I think the "three strikes" thing is one of the sickest things I have heard in terms of locking people up, pure nonsense, unless it is three murders or serious assaults of course.

Here in Southern California we sometimes wish we were able to shoot door-to-door salespeople on sight! We get two or three a week, whereas in Britain I'd get two or three a year.

Must have lived in a rough area :lol: When I did door to door sales in Glasgow and surrounding areas the boss man put red pen through large sections of the map indicating No chance of a sale Good chance of a beating type areas :lol: Worst I got was doors slammed in my face and told to f*uck off. At another time I got so desperate I did Betterwear/Kleeneze type sales as well, and you would turn up during some weird domestic situations, one guy looking like a pumped up Rab C. Nesbitt answered the door with his shirt off, steamin` drunk (this is about tea time on a Monday night) woman screaming blue murder in the background, and said "No a good time Big Man" :lol: I quickly f*ucked off.