House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest_GradualCringe_*

Rent Rise

As per title. Currently renting a flat and received a rather fatuous phone call from the letting agent wanting to raise the rent.

Is there anything I can do to get them to back off? I would rather not have the rent cut further into the little that I am able to save every month.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you are inside London, then tough you will have to wait until the wheels come off.

If you are outside London, tell them to take a hike.

It's not London, how anyone is able to live there I do not know (the £850 per month 1 bedroom flat, in Deptford, with the bed jammed in at an angle, and absolutely no storage space springs to mind, was featured in the Daily Mail having a laugh at "messy" tenants).

Thankfully since the summer break has finished a bunch of properties have come on to the local lettings market, at less than the rent I'm paying now, for the same size property. I was panicking a few weeks back because there was so little on the market, and all of it more expensive.

I'll give the agents a ring shortly, and highlight the cheaper properties.

p.s. Flashman (I saw your debate with him on the main blog) is full of it and extremely condescending. Have you not noticed on his insistence that other OP provide statistics, whilst he never does the same?

Edited by GradualCringe