House Price Crash Forum

Bank Warned Low Rate Plan Will Lead To Disaster

HOLA441
HOLA442

BOE shadow monetary lot think that Carney plan to keep IRs low for several years yet will lead to inflation and disaster as public stop worrying about IRs rising.

Savers continue to be screwed.

IMO Carney is just a highly paid fall guy, PTB know rates will be rising, they are just conducting a panto to deflect blame and keep the sheeple spending what little they now spend.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I read this as; Rates are going to rise, PTB want to pretend to the masses that think they have control that they are in control, so they say "Rates must rise or there will be a disaster".

This, justifying it before it happens, plus they will use it to guage public response. The sheeple wouldnt understand otherwise

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

This is starting to get a bit more interesting. In terms of politics and economics the longer rates are left low, the greater the political consequences of raising rates.

What is interesting is that these days politicians seem to be hell bent of wriggling, squirming and generally putting off any major decision (esepcially one that might bring on hardship) because it may make them unpopular and therefore unelectable.

In order to stop the interference of politicians, setting the interest rate has been moved to a "nominally" politically independent institution. This institution could well be the most powerful in the UK - at the moment it seems to me like has the ability to decide who wins the next election (or at least who loses it).

Of course it is the Tories fault that the BOE got to this position. Because if they had had a clean out of the zombie debtors and not reflated the housing bubble then the political impact of raising rates would not be so severe.

Edited by Gigantic Purple Slug

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

If I was in power, I would do the same, you don't want reality to bite on your watch.

Cutting to the level required, or indeed printing is just not acceptable.

So watch the debt rise instead.

Its a tough one, do you want to be remembered by high inflation fueled by historicly low IRs and money printing, leading to high inflation, meaning people cant afford the basics

Or

As the guy who raised IRs to control inflation, but forced people out of their homes

Its a choice betweens a country who can afford either bread or buying houses

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I have opted to put most of my money with Triodos bank, because they seem to be a bit different to the mainstream banks in their philosophy, am I right or wrong to do this? Are they still part of the problem?

Move your money out now!

Do not question why!

Do not ask where!

Just do it!

Why? Because somebody you've never met said so. It's a bit like listening to Moneybox on R4.

There's only 1 thing you can believe on the Internet, Do Your Own Research!

HOLA4424

Its a tough one, do you want to be remembered by high inflation fueled by historicly low IRs and money printing, leading to high inflation, meaning people cant afford the basics

Or

As the guy who raised IRs to control inflation, but forced people out of their homes

Its a choice betweens a country who can afford either bread or buying houses

No it's far worse than that, if he increases interest rates he wipes out the banks and the taxpayers won't be able to afford the losses.

The only strategy they have got is to keep hoping it becomes someone else's problem or we have another boom in a different sector to plug the hole.

If interest rates raise it will also trigger a sovereign debt crisis as well.

The choice is do we want to be fecked, double fecked or completely air tight fecked.

Neither option is politically appealing.

HOLA4425

Get ready folks.

It's coming, and nothing can stop it now.

Well first time I have seen that and at 8min`s in there it was we cant raise interest rates because of house prices ,which they recokon was the sart of the silippery slope

33min in comedy gold from the horse`s mouth ,and these pepole were in charge of the country

Edited by long time lurking