House Price Crash Forum

Summer Of 2013 - Best Summer In Decades!

SHERWICK

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Weird that it was immediately preceded by one of the darkest, dankest periods ever. Remember tail end of 2012 early 2013 the sun didn't have it's hat on for quite literally months.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Have loved it since about the beginning of June. Absolutely glorious weather almost non-stop!

One to remember for the ages I think.

:)

Ditto - Mr B has been almost continuously in shorts since early June - he loves being retired and I never thought I'd say that since he was a workaholic. Plus we had a most glorious last minute week on the uk coast - in the sea 2 or 3 times a day, and I never thought I'd say that, either.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Ditto - Mr B has been almost continuously in shorts since early June - he loves being retired and I never thought I'd say that since he was a workaholic. Plus we had a most glorious last minute week on the uk coast - in the sea 2 or 3 times a day, and I never thought I'd say that, either.

I think you will find that's a nappy, and you need new reading glasses! Either that, or he is suffering from "False German Syndrome"! :huh:

HOLA449

Me too , better than '76

'76 ended in a three month shower! Just as I had purchased my first small motorcycle! God had obviously seen myself and a friend urinating in the font at the Catholic Chapel!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Que??? I am not understanding please.

I apologise, if you saw that as offensive! It was not a personal comment! :(

I just see funny postings sometimes And I am "inspired" to reply ;)

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I apologise, if you saw that as offensive! It was not a personal comment! :(

I just see funny postings sometimes And I am "inspired" to reply ;)

not offensive, I just didn't get it.

Mr B actually looks very nice in his shorts - thank heaven no ghastly white weedy macaroni legs in our house.

HOLA4414

not offensive, I just didn't get it.

Mr B actually looks very nice in his shorts - thank heaven no ghastly white weedy macaroni legs in our house.

Damn! That's what I usually get! :lol::blink:

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

1995 was a belting summer. Sticks in my mind as I'd just turned 16 :) .

'95 was Southwest Water's reference drought year. Shown as such on their weekly reports & graphs of reservoir levels.

I was in Central Italy at the time, and continually amazed how they managed their water to run sprinklers every day in the gardens (not least at work) through 3+ months of hot mediterranean sun and absolutely no rain.

HOLA4418

'95 was Southwest Water's reference drought year. Shown as such on their weekly reports & graphs of reservoir levels.

I was in Central Italy at the time, and continually amazed how they managed their water to run sprinklers every day in the gardens (not least at work) through 3+ months of hot mediterranean sun and absolutely no rain.

I believe there are some high mountains with glaciers on them in Italy? :P

I'm always impressed by how they manage the same in Andalucia... :blink:

HOLA4419

I believe there are some high mountains with glaciers on them in Italy? :P

I'm always impressed by how they manage the same in Andalucia... :blink:

There are high mountains in Andalucia (and much of Spain) too.

Also, when it rains, it really rains in Med countries.

HOLA4420

There are high mountains in Andalucia (and much of Spain) too.

Also, when it rains, it really rains in Med countries.

Oh yes, so there are! I've been up and down the coast plenty of times but never ventured much inland, hence my ignorance. Certainly there are some very large looking dams and reservoirs to be seen not long after take-off from Malaga.

I've just had an enjoyable Wikipedia rampage off the back of that- started off on Mulhacen and ended up on the Portait Of Dr Gachet! I wonder if anyone has yet formalised the game of navigating between two completely disparate topics on Wikipedia via the fewest number of direct links... :D

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Has been very good, but no 1976.

I have only peeled a few bits of skin off me back and shoulders this year as opposed to being a completely new person after peeling sheets of it off every night in '76.

Back then when no-one had any idea what suncream was, Mamma XYY would kindly apply margarine to soothe the pain before sending us back out to play. That would probably get her locked-up these days.

Tarmac melted, and people went on 'That's Life' or 'Nationwide' and fried eggs - in lard of course - on the bonnets of Ford Cortinas.

Aye, canny summer 2013, but no 1976.

XYY

Archived