House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bubble Pop Electric

Character Assasination

Hello,

I think that Character Group (make toys) are a very good buy at the moment for the reasons below - who's going to knock the wind out of my sales for me?

The last time CG had a really good year was when they had a very good line of Christmas toys, mainly relating to films & TV. Since then their line up has been weaker & the share price has suffered.

This year they have a very strong line up again with Dr Who toys, Carol Vorermans Soduko (or however you spell it), Little Britain Charater dolls, & Scooby Doo. Looking at these individually:

1) Dr Who - Sold out, can't get them now for love or money, especially the Dalek toys. Are selling on eBay for twice + the retail price. Were ranked very highly on Amazon.co.uk's amazon rank (in the top 10 mainly (out of 100,000+ items), some slipping slightly, due probably to the fact no one has any to sell. Appeals to all kids, big & small.

2) Carol Vorderman Soduko - Amazon Rank no.2. The very popular "craze" should do very well? Again, could be an adult or child toy.

3) Little Britain character dolls - Sold out in many toy shops, new series just started - increased demand? More of an adult novelty?

4) Scooby Doo - been re made, popular again with kids.

5)On top of this they have their usual toys, robosapien (last years toy of the year), roboraptor, etc.

So, Dr Who is obviously being hugely popular, Soduko is also doing very well, Little Britain also seems to be selling well too.

Is this enough to give them a bumper Christmas & hike the share price skywards?

Fingers crossed.

Guest Riser

I made a few Bob on CCT during the run up to last Christmas when the big new toy was Robosapien.

I sold before they came back down and remember comments like toys were only a small proportion of their income, they also had exposure to less popular lines. The market makers running CCT had a reputation for vicious market moves, and the managemet were not up to much, things may now have changed.

Edited by Riser

I made a few Bob on CCT during the run up to last Christmas when the big new toy was Robosapien.

I sold before they came back down and remember comments like toys were only a small proportion of their income, they also had exposure to less popular lines. The market makers running CCT had a reputation for vicious market moves, and the managemet were not up to much, things may now have changed.

Hello,

I got the same impression re the management, however, they now have a new CEO & Group finance director - which I think were where the changes were needed. They are also transferring to AIM.

The other section, World \Wide Licenses is involved in digital cameras, etc. They were talking about selling this off, but things seemed to have turned around for it a bit, they had record sales of digital products via WWL of $20million of cameras in August (last financial month of year).

They've also made some cost cutting changes that should help.

Hopefully.

Guest Riser

Hello,

I got the same impression re the management, however, they now have a new CEO & Group finance director - which I think were where the changes were needed. They are also transferring to AIM.

The other section, World \Wide Licenses is involved in digital cameras, etc. They were talking about selling this off, but things seemed to have turned around for it a bit, they had record sales of digital products via WWL of $20million of cameras in August (last financial month of year).

They've also made some cost cutting changes that should help.

Hopefully.

Good luck but the chart looks like a possible repeat of last year to me, also from advfn

luckofthedevil - 10 Nov'05 - 12:54 - 573 of 593

elmfield

I think your 7m figure could be about right or may be in the middle, say 5m to 10m top end with more to come, putting the sp @ 80p to 150p M/Cap 30m and 56m respectively.

EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN, RICHARD KING 03 November 2005

we expect our sales to increase significantly in the period leading up

to Christmas and for the current financial year as a whole.

We have improved our offering throughout the Division over the past year and, as

previously, indicated, the benefits started to come through in the second half

of the financial year. We have witnessed a positive sales improvement since the

year-end, which is above our internal budgets and leaves us optimistic for the

prospects for the current financial year as a whole.

cct_chart.png CCT possible repeat of last year

post-1619-1132522984_thumb.jpg