House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bland Unsight

July 2013 Land Registry Hpi Report

Interesting to see my old stomping ground in the West Mids now moving decidely down. For several years it mirrored the average national price very closely. It's now £15k beneath it and matches what I'm seeing on RM there. The north's slump spreading downwards?

Interesting to see my old stomping ground in the West Mids now moving decidely down. For several years it mirrored the average national price very closely. It's now £15k beneath it and matches what I'm seeing on RM there. The north's slump spreading downwards?

Or the west's slump spreading eastward.....Welsh borders looks like the current epicentre of the provincial crash with Shropshire going down with it.

With the lagginess of this index, will these regional falls be the last? Recent Halliwides suggest so.

Haliwide had the inflation adjusted nadir around October 2012, acamdemtrix before that......indeed academtrix has us on a new nominal peak.

So that is some laggy of about 9 months because this one shows us around the inflation adjusted low now.

I am surprised by these results. From my own observations the market is the busiest since November 2006 when indicies were all churning out decent growth towards double digit.

Nevertheless bears can draw some comfort from this one for now. Like you, I suspect it can't keeo showing different results forever.

Edited by crashmonitor

This is the second-highest sale in the Land Registry dataset this month.

76 Winnington Road, London, N2 0TX

Sold for £18,950,000 on 12 July 2013.

76WinningtonRoadN20TX.jpg

Here's the sales brochure:

http://www.glentree.co.uk/binary_data/9728_principality_brochurelow_res.pdf

Clearly no expense spared inside and 15,000 sq ft, but almost 20 million quid? Each to his own I guess.

This is the second-highest sale in the Land Registry dataset this month.

76 Winnington Road, London, N2 0TX

Sold for £18,950,000 on 12 July 2013.

76WinningtonRoadN20TX.jpg

Here's the sales brochure:

http://www.glentree.co.uk/binary_data/9728_principality_brochurelow_res.pdf

Clearly no expense spared inside and 15,000 sq ft, but almost 20 million quid? Each to his own I guess.

Just me, but if I had to live in the South East and I was rich enough

to afford 20 million then I would go for a period one in the Surrey countryside with grounds and not an over-sized Barratt chav box.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27413742.html

Edited by crashmonitor

Just me, but if I had to live in the South East and I was rich enough

to afford 20 million then I would go for a period one in the Surrey countryside with grounds and not an over-sized Barratt chav box.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27413742.html

Absolutely. How can anyone think to pay that sort of money when you can get a small mansion with several acres just a few 10s of miles away?

Absolutely. How can anyone think to pay that sort of money when you can get a small mansion with several acres just a few 10s of miles away?

There really are people for whom postcode and certain types of appearance really are everything. Sometimes, it's something totally bizarre.

My sister is like that. Back when we were all still living with parents, one day my dad comes home having secured a big business contract, and has treated himself to a new car, a 5 year old Lexus LS400, which he'd somehow got for about £10k. My sister wasn't interested in what the car was. She was frantic, screaming her head off. "How can you shame me like this? How can you buy a 5 year old car? Are we such paupers that you can't afford a new car? If it was me, I'd have paid a bit extra and bought a brand new corsa". She refused even to look at the car for a week, refusing to go outside or look out of the front room windows, until my Dad had left for work.

It was exactly the same, when I said I'd applied for a job in Yorkshire. "How can you possible think of living up North? Everyone's poor and thick. I can't have my brother living among the peasants." Thankfully, I have thick skin.

Edited by ChumpusRex

Yeah, but it's only a 25-minute drive to the City.

Probably bought by an intern so he can nip home for a quick shower after pulling an all-nighter.