House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Still Spouting Lazy Brit Fallacy

BNP? Dont be absurd. UKIP are dominated by a libertarian economic clique, THAT is the main problem with them. That said, they present the best, indeed only, chance we have of destroying the liblabcon hegemony. The destruction of the Tory party is what will set the ball rolling on a political earthquake. UKIP are the means to that end.

I tend toward this view.

Vote Labour - get overwhelmed with immigrants. Get told you're an evil racist for noticing - for noticing anything.

Vote Conservative - same as above but slightly moderated.

Vote LibDem - get either of the two above.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which UKIP? The criminal landlord, "BongaBonga" or Farage? Mind I quite like Farage.

Strangely the landlord is against wind farms. Farage is all for fracking. UKIP as a whole are against 'building in the countryside' and really about milking the NIMBY vote.

UKIP I believe want to double military spending yet oddly its members least likely to support Syrian intervention.

If UKIP were a real choice and 'anti-rentier' and pro LVT I'd support it.

Anyway this is really deviating off topic.

I'm pro LVT and UKIP would seem to be full of people who would be horrified by such a thing.

But if I had to choose between high house prices and the entire country being turned into Slough, I'll tolerate the high house prices.

In any case, arch-LVTer Mark Wadsworth used to be in UKIP. They can't all be nimby-rentier-maniacs.

Which UKIP? The criminal landlord, "BongaBonga" or Farage? Mind I quite like Farage.

Strangely the landlord is against wind farms. Farage is all for fracking. UKIP as a whole are against 'building in the countryside' and really about milking the NIMBY vote.

UKIP I believe want to double military spending yet oddly its members least likely to support Syrian intervention.

If UKIP were a real choice and 'anti-rentier' and pro LVT I'd support it.

Anyway this is really deviating off topic.

Well that's the idea with having an army, the more effective it is, the less likely you are to HAVE to use it.

Why would anyone wanting lower house prices support UKIP? Pretty much the whole of the EU has seen property price falls since 2007 except the UK and UKIP want more UK and less EU. Bonkers.

Ukip wouldn't have bailed out the banks. We'd have had the mother of all crashes by now.

Clothing, electrical goods. More expensive than in the UK.

When I was in bulgaria electrical goods and most new furniture stuff was about the same price as UK (if not more) however food and housing (and housing related things like council tax) dirt cheap in comparison.

Why would anyone wanting lower house prices support UKIP? Pretty much the whole of the EU has seen property price falls since 2007 except the UK and UKIP want more UK and less EU. Bonkers.

If Britain had less people houses would be cheaper. In the same way if you built more houses house prices would fall.

I see UKIP as a single policy party get out of the EU. Britain has a lot of problems and the best people to sort those problems are the Brits.

No EU mandate is going to sort our problems out.

Edited by gf3

Its fine to say they earn £45 equivalent per hour or whatever. But they are living here. So have to deal with the cost of living just like anyone else in this country has to.

I didn't realise this was at all misunderstood on this forum, I find it quite odd.

The cost of living is considerably less if you slum it and live 4 to a room etc etc etc. The point is that for people who return to their home country where the money goes many times further (particularly in regard to housing) the slumming it thing is temporary.

If you go live in halls at a uni it is temporary and at a time of life where its a bit of an adventure. You don't do it with that as your long term future in mind, you put up with it or see it as a fun thing to do depending on your perspective for a limited time because you think the qualification will give you a better quality of life in the longer term.

Its the same thing, short term pain for longer term gain. For the british this is their home, they have nowhere to go back to. I doubt any immigrant who lives four to a room or in a 'beds in sheds' arrangement is satisfied with that, they do it temporarily to save up the money to spend back home where it is worth multiple times more.

That is why they are multiple times as motivated as the brit earning the same doing the same job. It is more money to them than it is for the brit.

If there were an EU country the brit could stay in for a year or so where there were a welcoming community of other brits already there and where the indigenous people were largely accepting of the immigrants and welcoming them into the workplace where they could earn 50 quid an hour for a couple of years doing simple work but where they had to share a room in order to save anything, they would be there doing it. The lazy ones wouldn't in the same way as the lazy polish are still in poland.

There is nothing inherently different between these two peoples. The opportunity exists for one but not for the other.

I didn't realise this was at all misunderstood on this forum, I find it quite odd.

The cost of living is considerably less if you slum it and live 4 to a room etc etc etc. The point is that for people who return to their home country where the money goes many times further (particularly in regard to housing) the slumming it thing is temporary.

That is why they are multiple times as motivated as the brit earning the same doing the same job. It is more money to them than it is for the br,, brit could stay in for a year or so where there were a welcoming community of other brits already there and where the indigenous people were largely accepting of the immigrants and welcoming them into the workplace where they could earn 50 quid an hour for a couple of years doing simple work but where they had to share a room in order to save anything, they would be there doing it. The lazy ones wouldn't in the same way as the lazy polish are still in poland.

There is nothing inherently different between these two peoples. The opportunity exists for one but not for the other.

Need to staple this to my very first post as it fleshes out the main points very well and draws a line under the entire thread.