House Price Crash Forum

Ruddy Nimbys...this Is What It Boils Down To..

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Look at the two old farts at the front. Retired, detached from economic reality provided their very generous pensions are paid.

1209272_321071694703863_1622187625_n.jpg

Even pets and children find the new housing estate offensive apparently. Truly pathetic.

post-8947-0-97782600-1377719939_thumb.jpg

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA445

You can be certain that it is the evil old bint in the pink top - I have seen here kind before.

I think the rest would be happy to settle for someone to send around the chip van.

HOLA446

You can be certain that it is the evil old bint in the pink top - I have seen here kind before.

I think the rest would be happy to settle for someone to send around the chip van.

Obviously the "congestion" didn't bother them when it was a garden centre...

Edited by Dave Beans

HOLA447

Garden centre has to make way for housing, double whammy for the bored boomers who think they earned what they have. :lol:

Don't get me started again talking about my mother who keeps saying that I have it much easier than she ever did. (Living in a house worth half a million(ish) while only working low paid jobs (wile also taking off 18 or so years to bring us up) I can't wait to get a low paid job so I can have what she has.

Oh wait, I do have a low paid job....... now why can't I afford a massive house?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

This selfish bunch are seriously unhinged. To think that their 'view' is more important than housing for people is reprehensible.

It might be a thought you might entertain to yourself in an inner ironic way whilst having a slight smirk to yourself before getting on with your day.

Its amazing these people get so far as to have meetings about it, make placards, talk to newspapers, get genuinely annoyed that other people might be able to live as they have. Even their own children. And what is at stake? An occasional sodding view of some fields. Will there ever be as spoiled and selfish a generation again?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

The only comment on the article is encouraging:

“Bloody NIBMY's move over and make some room for the younger generation. You do not own the view it belongs to everybody.

building house will lower the cost of housing for younger people and make the area more competitive for work.”

+9 at the moment - guess it might fall a bit once the nimby's get hold of the dead tree edition.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I wonder if these geniuses ever stopped to think that when their own houses were built on the edge of the village they must have blocked the view of whoever was living on the previous edge of the village. Shall we send in the bulldozers to put right that historic wrong?

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

So, they are happy with mismatched fencing, an ugly shed, and a scrubby garden as their main view, but horrified about losing the view of some of the fields beyond..

I could *swear* this is something that people do on a purely instinctive basis.

The worst thing I find is that these people automatically assume that they are speaking for everyone and that no right thinking person could possibly be in favour of housebuilding anywhere, without bothering to ask..

HOLA4419

I could *swear* this is something that people do on a purely instinctive basis.

I think it's more like a religious mania, with all the usual hypocrisies. If you asked these people which of their material possessions has enhanced their lives the most they would undoubtedly say it was their house.

HOLA4420

+1, the light reactive glasses are a giveaway too

I think they're just bemoaning their own sudden lack of generational democratic power, the govt are looking at the burgeoning numbers of the housing disenfranchised, and not listening to them

HOLA4421

Creative sign they've made there. Seen some really creative ones on photographs of the anti-fracking demonstrations, with a lot more style, such as hipster 60s scooby-doo fonts. That wouldn't work for the nimbys sign, but theirs just says they're used to putting little effort in, having it cosy, and don't want anything affecting their HPI gains.

Few stories I've read about planning suggests homeowners don't have a right to a view.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

In a free democratic country people should be free to make a protest if certain decisions will personally affect them.....I am sure most people would agree that these rights should not be removed for the sake of progress.

The owner of the land that would block their view will quadruple or more the value of that land as soon as the plans are stamped approved........big bucks for them for doing absolutely nothing but holding/owning it, they properly don't even live anywhere close by for it to affect them negatively, the thought of all the pound signs a big bonus for them.........just saying a balance has to be tackfully made that all parties can live with. ;)

HOLA4424
Guest TheBlueCat

They at least deserve marks for honesty. The more usual thing would be to wrap it up in fake feelings for other people or the environment - 'save the view', 'what about the ickle birds and badgers', 'people need green spaces' etc.

HOLA4425