House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Take me to the cleaners

Remarkably Honest Estate Agents Site

Who on earth would spend £105,ooo on a rabbit hutch in Leeds. I would value this property at under £50,000. If this isn't a sign of a bubble waiting to burst I don't know what is!

Guest Charlie The Tramp

You'd think they'd drop the price.

Maybe they can`t as their income pot has funded their upmarket lifestyle.

Guest Bart of Darkness

I don't know Leeds that well but a quick search produced these, which certainly seem to offer a better deal (all 2 bed, compared to the 1 bed for £109,000.).

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-471...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-452...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-996...pa_n=2&tr_t=buy

Areas may not be as good (anyone care to comment?) but if you've got £110,000 to spend it certainly seems like there are better deals to be had.

This has been on the market for ages.....and still no offers. ;)

http://212.50.188.108/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?de...8/THEMO/57957/8

You'd think they'd drop the price.

:lol::lol:

I think what they meant to put was "No Offence £105,000!"

Even more remarkable! :D

I don't know that particular block but Moortown has a number of large 60/70's low rise blocks. I know a few people in them and from what I know they are full of old or elderly middle class people. I wouldn't describe Moortown as trendy but it's not a bad area either.

Bart - Vesper Road is just behind Kirkstall Abbey and is a small area of quite nice victorian houses utterly marred by a disgusting 1970's estate clinging to the hillside. Above it is the infamous Hawksworth Wood Council Estate (although Bramley Fall Estate just over the other side of the River Aire is even worse).

Bramley is hit and miss but flats in reasonable area at the top of the hill by the Stanningley bypass.

The real fun and games in Leeds will be the huge glut of two bed city centre apartments either currently standing empty or just about to be finished. I passed the new development to the east end of the centre on what was Howarths woodyard today. Phase 1 and 2 completely sold (some 200 flats) to a brother and sister. About 100 yards away from these flats is a large drug rehabiltation centre :blink: Read the current Yorkshire thread.

Phase 1 and 2 completely sold (some 200 flats) to a brother and sister.

I heard that the development next to St George's in town has sold to a brother and sister as well - do you think they're the same? Or perhaps its the new fad way to buy large amounts of flats.

Anyway this thread was started as a play on words pun - I didn't intend it to turn into another branch of the "your region" part of the site. Sorry Mods.