House Price Crash Forum

New Title Number, Deeds, Transfer, Ownership

HOLA441

Hi

I have seen a property where the owners of a property have built a new house on the end of their plot (so there will be 2 houses on the plot). Planning permission from the council etc. seems to have been obtained and the new house has NHBC guarantees and their are firm architects plans filed with the council.

However I believe they are in the process of setting up a new title number, deeds and splitting the 2 properties under the Land Registry (the existing property from the new build house). If permissions have already been obtained from the council for the new house to be built (to meet buildings regulations), how long would it take for the separation of the new house with regard to a new title number, deeds.... take on average for such a project?

If anyone has any experience of it.

Thanks a lot,

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA442

Hi

I have seen a property where the owners of a property have built a new house on the end of their plot (so there will be 2 houses on the plot). Planning permission from the council etc. seems to have been obtained and the new house has NHBC guarantees and their are firm architects plans filed with the council.

However I believe they are in the process of setting up a new title number, deeds and splitting the 2 properties under the Land Registry (the existing property from the new build house). If permissions have already been obtained from the council for the new house to be built (to meet buildings regulations), how long would it take for the separation of the new house with regard to a new title number, deeds.... take on average for such a project?

If anyone has any experience of it.

Thanks a lot,

There is no requirement for the vendors to set up a new title number, when the house sale goes to the Land Registry, they will allocate a new title number automatically.

HOLA443

There is no requirement for the vendors to set up a new title number, when the house sale goes to the Land Registry, they will allocate a new title number automatically.

Thanks for your response.

So a house sale can go ahead perfectly despite a unique tittle number already being in place at the land registry? Is this what typically happens with just new builds (a new unique title number is created by the land registry after purchase of such a new build)?

Thanks