House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roman Roady

What Are The Germans Upto?

I think it was May that they asked to repatriate 300 tonnes of Gold??

Now I hear that they have recognised the Bitcoin.

http://rt.com/news/bitcoin-exchange-berlin-currency-941/

Is this Bitcoin business just a practical move to gain extra tax revenue or a Political move?

Are they trying to annoy the US by adding to the Dollars woes, or even beginning to undermine the Euro?

Or is this a total non-event?

I think it was May that they asked to repatriate 300 tonnes of Gold??

Or is this a total non-event?

erm...it was actually 3000 tonnes.

.,...and the timing's a bit suspicious.........like the same time iran/venezuela etc are also trying to "repatriate" gold holdings.

...actually I think the timing from germany's part is actually very lousy....I think certain members of the US administration have concluded that this action is "hostile".

....and coming from a supposed NATO member as well?

might not just be germany leaving the euro, but NATO too.

Edited by oracle

erm...it was actually 3000 tonnes.

No just 300...link

They are leaving some there (roughly 1000 tonnes), perhaps as a threat of further action??

They are reclaiming a similar amount from the French.

This is all roughly 20 per cent of their total reserves.

IMHO I think this shows that they have equal doubts about the Dollar and the Euro....which is pretty bad news for the global outlook.

Things could get interesting after their elections on 22 Sept.

What exactly happens when the US is found to have no reserves when it is supposed to have roughly 8000 tonnes is anybodies guess.

:o

Probably to discredit. BitCoin has a somewhat underground reputation. A bit like legalising weed.

There's surely one easy way to discredit....cause an event where holders of Bitcoins are left with nothing.

They could outlaw it as well.

What the Germans are doing is giving this new "Currency" credibility.

There's surely one easy way to discredit....cause an event where holders of Bitcoins are left with nothing.

They could outlaw it as well.

What the Germans are doing is giving this new "Currency" credibility.

It is only a matter of time before the US and UK say that bitcoin is only used by terrorists to they make it illegal thus devaluing it. That will be the time to get in IMO.

It is only a matter of time before the US and UK say that bitcoin is only used by terrorists to they make it illegal thus devaluing it. That will be the time to get in IMO.

sell bitcoin keyfobs PLC

What exactly happens when the US is found to have no reserves when it is supposed to have roughly 8000 tonnes is anybodies guess.

:o

Start WW III?

Edited by vin rouge

don't forget us junkie drug using scum!

Thanks to Bitcoin and SilkRoad, me an all my scummy junkie drug crazed mates have been able to get our hands on all kinds of quality gear that we would otherwise never have been able to get. 100's of Bitcoins have passed through my junkie criminal scum hands, mostly when it was sub $10 per Bitcoin. You can imagine my surprise when Bitcoin hit $275, with me only having 3 Bitcoins in a wallet somewhere, and how I pissed my kilt when I realised that had I invested the same amount of 'Worthless Fiat' in Bitcoin as I had in PMs, that I would have been a millionaire, as opposed to more or less 'just the same as before'.....

......bah....it makes me want to go out and pirate music and mp3s so I can put all the proceeds towards funding terrorism.