House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Boe Ready To Restart Asset Buys If Needed - Bean

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/08/23/uk-britain-boe-bean-idUKBRE97M0RA20130823

Britain's central bank stands ready to restart asset purchases if the need arises, which is not the case at present, Bank of England deputy governor Charlie Bean said on Friday.

"We've said that we'd be willing to start repurchasing again if economic conditions dictated so. So if we saw a slowdown in the euro zone or something like that, we might feel that we need to restart purchases, but at the moment we are not," he told CNBC television.

I'm sure we are all relieved to know the BoE is prepared to print more worthless currency to prop up govt spending.

Charlie Bean is at Jackson Hole and is chairing a panel jointly with BoJ Chairman Kuroda on Saturday morning (Carney isn't there).

With all the FOMC members mouthing off too on CNBC, Bloomberg etc, should be an interesting Monday.

Charlie Bean is at Jackson Hole and is chairing a panel jointly with BoJ Chairman Kuroda on Saturday morning (Carney isn't there).

With all the FOMC members mouthing off too on CNBC, Bloomberg etc, should be an interesting Monday.

..and Carney's giving a speech on Wednesday.

Short Pound

Long Gold. :unsure:

Probably not a bad strategy. Spot Precious did rather well today

Edited by aSecureTenant

I need to get my cash out of Ireland ASAP, haven't got any confidence in the Pound so I might just well shove the lot in bullion vault - the downside risk looks minimal especially when compared against UK property.