House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Cross-Dressing Whistle-Blowers

I don't know if two examples count as a trend, but here you go:

_69430484_69430479.jpg

Bradley Manning: 'I am a woman named Chelsea'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23798253

SNN1806D_280_848323a.jpg

FORMER spy David Shayler has become a transvestite named Delores who squats in a National Trust property

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2541159/Barmy-ex-spy-David-Shayler-thinks-hes-the-Messiah.html

Not a whistle blower but still very fetching...

dfb02q.jpg

Independent: Lieutenant Colonel Dudley Clarke: The cross-dressing spy who was arrested on a secret mission

Files released publicly by the National Archives reveal that Lt Col Clarke told Spanish police he was a novelist and had “wanted to study the reactions of men to women in the streets” after he was detained in Madrid.

The spy who was on his way to Egypt in October 1941, undercover as a war correspondent for The Times - when he was stopped by officers after being spotted “in a main street dressed, down to a brassiere, as a woman” - according to correspondence by British embassy staff to London.

When the British consul visited him, they found Lt Col Clarke “unconcerned” by the potential political fallout of his arrest but instead offered a different story, claiming he had been taking the clothes to a woman in Gibraltar and had put them on as a “prank”.

“This hardly squares with the fact that the garments and shoes fitted him,” the embassy noted wryly.

I have often thought how scary it is quite how much a blonde wig, lipstick and make up increase the attractiveness of somebody.

Now here is Matt Lucas in the same:

marjorie.jpg

Tremendously funny and talented as he is I don't think even Matt would claim himself to be a looker, but he transforms into a reasonably attractive woman (ok a four pinter but not really that bad at all).

This worries me. Quite a bit. Do all women look like Matt Lucas underneath the blonde hair and make up?

One theory is that accute stress causes men to act so - seeking a mental and physical refuge in a gender whom they perceive as having a stress free existence.

Very common in pilots apparently.

I have often thought how scary it is quite how much a blonde wig, lipstick and make up increase the attractiveness of somebody.

That's a great tip Frank! I'll start doing it! :o

I don't trust the reports of Manning's sexual issues. It sounds a lot like setting him up to lose whatever credibility he may have had with most of the 'merkin public. Like his confession and apology. How long have they held him and been messing with his mind? These guys know how Stalin's show-trials worked, and are in the business of updating and improving the techniques of discrediting a transgressor.

I don't trust the reports of Manning's sexual issues. It sounds a lot like setting him up to lose whatever credibility he may have had with most of the 'merkin public. Like his confession and apology. How long have they held him and been messing with his mind? These guys know how Stalin's show-trials worked, and are in the business of updating and improving the techniques of discrediting a transgressor.

US military will look bad holding a transgender person in prison for 35 years and for having put her in a sensitive intelligence role in a war zone in the first place. If Chelsea Manning was considered good enough for the job it makes you wonder who the US Army rejected.

I blame Lauren Bacall.

"You know how to whistle don't you?"

She was versatile. She sang like a bloke too. Nineteen years old, sounded like she'd been smoking forty a day for twenty years...

The only question I have is 'What is going on in Shayler's bra?'

It's in black and white all the way through his her Wikipedia entry (wiki: Chelsea Manning)...

Chelsea E. Manning[3][4] (born Bradley Edward Manning, 17 December 1987) is a United States Army soldier who was convicted in July 2013 of several violations of the Espionage Act and other offenses, after releasing the largest set of restricted documents ever leaked to the public. She was sentenced to 35 years in prison and dishonorably discharged.[1] She will be eligible for parole after serving one third of her sentence, and together with credits for time served and good behavior could be released eight years after sentencing.[5]

So it must be True.

Thirty five years inside, with a name reminiscent of a B-list p0rn star. A major whistleblowing disincentive for some. Possibly a bit of a draw for others.

I'd have picked 'Kimberley' myself.

It's in black and white all the way through his her Wikipedia entry (wiki: Chelsea Manning)...

That's interesting. I happen to have looked at that page a day or two ago and at that time it was entitled "Bradley Manning" and used the words "he", "him", and "his" throughout. Yesterday it seems to have undergone a huge edit changing everything to the feminine gender. There's some kind of massive edit war going on, with angry accusations of transphobia flying back and forth. The talk page is quite entertaining.

That's interesting. I happen to have looked at that page a day or two ago and at that time it was entitled "Bradley Manning" and used the words "he", "him", and "his" throughout. Yesterday it seems to have undergone a huge edit changing everything to the feminine gender. There's some kind of massive edit war going on, with angry accusations of transphobia flying back and forth. The talk page is quite entertaining.

Yes, yes it is

"Anders Behring Breivik has publicly stated multiple times that he prefers to be referred as "Commander Breivik", should Wikipedia change his page to reflect his self-identity?"

Read the chatlogs between Manning and Adrian Lamo (who ratted him out immediately afterwards, and possibly even while they were chatting). They weren't published in full at first until Manning's defence used them in the trial. Manning refers to these issues a number of times.

Not to be all Guardian about this, but there is a qualitative difference between cross-dressing and gender dysphoria. The vast majority of cross-dressers are completely heterosexual men who think of themselves as male but like wearing dresses. Hair, makeup and clothing are socially arbitrary fashion choices to assign to one gender or the other. What is not socially arbitrary is whether or not it feels right for you to have a meat and two veg attached, which seems to be the case for Manning.