House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jwrag

Below Rv, Your Having A Laugh!

I would love houses to be on the market at below RV, especially the ones I'm interested in buying. Unfortunately in Dunmurry detached house seem to be on for RV +30%.

http://www.templetonrobinson.co.uk/Property/dunmurry/TRLTRL52544/18-upper-green/489383/

This is sale agreed but according to latest figures this house should be less than RV (£210K), the Price it was on for is £275. Surely it couldn't go for anything like that?

You're right Willie. It probably wouldn't cost much to implement. A few thousand.

Perhaps if land and property service were more concerned with providing services tax payers want instead of paying through the nose on fancy NAMAfied office space, they have spare quid to implement this.

Just like ever other region.

I would love houses to be on the market at below RV, especially the ones I'm interested in buying. Unfortunately in Dunmurry detached house seem to be on for RV +30%.

http://www.templetonrobinson.co.uk/Property/dunmurry/TRLTRL52544/18-upper-green/489383/

This is sale agreed but according to latest figures this house should be less than RV (£210K), the Price it was on for is £275. Surely it couldn't go for anything like that?

The average house in Dunmurry, from the figures you quote may well be at £210 for a detached (I havnt checked). However the house you are looking at is not average and not in the area considered average for that end of the city. The Green in Dunmurry has always sold at above average and always will.

The average house in Dunmurry, from the figures you quote may well be at £210 for a detached (I havnt checked). However the house you are looking at is not average and not in the area considered average for that end of the city. The Green in Dunmurry has always sold at above average and always will.

Only thing going for it is 5beds and garden , whats that on the roof? a anti aircraft bunker , looks awful.

Maybe the local agents couldn't stop laughing at their aspirational asking price? RV 200K and asking 495K -- well good luck with that for a semi.

Sweet lord I didn't even notice it was a semi.

I hope BTW charged them for the brochure storage. They're going to be taking up a shelf in the office for quite some time.

That semi in Ballycastle is practically on the golf course! On the other hand it is beside the sea trout pool. I would pay above RV if it was a detached just for the view and the fishing aspect. Still nowhere near £495,000. Mcafee's must be laughing - they have this for a lower price.

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Ballycastle/PNC550074/7-Carrickmore-Road/

Even so the RV is £380,000.

That semi in Ballycastle is practically on the golf course! On the other hand it is beside the sea trout pool. I would pay above RV if it was a detached just for the view and the fishing aspect. Still nowhere near £495,000. Mcafee's must be laughing - they have this for a lower price.

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Ballycastle/PNC550074/7-Carrickmore-Road/

Even so the RV is £380,000.

Bet that's been on a few years.

Since April 2011 at least. I would not like to pay for heating that house in the winter. I note there is no EPC.

So well over priced.

if any houses in Ballycastle are selling near RV I'd be shocked.

I noticed that there was no EPC - I thought they were not to market without an EPC unless they gave an explanation.

But yeah well over priced - plenty of the coast side properties seem to be marketed with the opinion that the location outweighs any reduction in prices elsewhere, surely years on the market tells a different story?

I have found RV very useful as a guide as I'm sure you guys all do also, however ironically the one property I am very currently sale agreed on has a RV of only 88k however the asking price was over 160k, the reason was due to a complete renovation and extension of the property since 1995 which has rendered the original RV as basically irrelevant. Has made judging it's true value quite difficult I must say however looking at other houses in the area I believe it is a fair price that I paid.

Just wondering if any of you guys have had a similar experience when looking at RV isn't as useful as it usually is?

Watch out for a revaluation and an amended rates bill and back payment dropping on the doorstep. Might be an idea to inform LPS of the discrepancies.

The valuation process of course isn't without errors but your example is the exception. Check out the revaluation tribunals. Very few are successful.