House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

An Arrow To Help The Doctor Spot Which Knee Has The Knife In

It's a standard operating procedure to avoid operations "on the wrong side, limb or digit" to mark the prospective operating site with an arrow. Although in this case it's obvious, it isn't always so easy to see the correct operating site. Saves lawsuits. ;)

I got an email today that said "60% off bank holiday".

I'm concerned. Should I be?

Did that e-mail come from Taylor Wimpey or Persimmon ?

Are you concerned if this thread should this be moved to the main forum ?

It's a standard operating procedure to avoid operations "on the wrong side, limb or digit" to mark the prospective operating site with an arrow. Although in this case it's obvious, it isn't always so easy to see the correct operating site. Saves lawsuits. ;)

What if the arrow is negligently drawn on the wrong limb?

What if the arrow is negligently drawn on the wrong limb?

What if the patient crosses his sweaty legs and 'imprints' the arrow on the back of his other leg? :o

What if the patient crosses his sweaty legs and 'imprints' the arrow on the back of his other leg? :o

What if the patient has arrow tattoos all over his body?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2398819/Barnacle-covered-blade-embedded-teenagers-leg-knelt-mud-Maldon.html

article-2398819-1B6460B4000005DC-63_634x473.jpg

Was the arrow just incase the doctor decided to try and operate on the wrong knee? I do admit it's not too obvious which knee has the knife in. I'm glad the arrow is there to help.

Who knows, I was born with a very common medical affliction. My parents knew it, the docs missed it.

What if the patient has arrow tattoos all over his body?

What if some nutter crept in while the patient was unconscious and drew an arrow on their forehead?

you are all wrong, they arent taking her to hospital in Ambulance due to Austerity. they are sending via ParcelForce and the arrow indicates which way up she should be stored in the cage.

you are all wrong, they arent taking her to hospital in Ambulance due to Austerity. they are sending via ParcelForce and the arrow indicates which way up she should be stored in the cage.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, I had an operation on a very delicate part of my anatomy, and the Surgeon drew an arrow exactly like this on me, so I suppose that it is just standard procedure.

I was so glad that he did it!

Well, I had an operation on a very delicate part of my anatomy, and the Surgeon drew an arrow exactly like this on me, so I suppose that it is just standard procedure.

I was so glad that he did it!

A friend of mine had an operation too! The "highly paid" bloke drew a picture of his "meat and two veg"! I did that when I was 9, and I got sent to the headmaster! :lol: