House Price Crash Forum

Opposition Says As Many As 1,300 Killed In Gas Attack Near Damascus

HOLA441

What is Johnson playin at? I agree with the Russian line, taken from BBC News:

In a statement, the Russian foreign ministry said: "During Johnson's visit to Moscow there were plans to hold open and exhaustive talks on the entire spectrum of international problems, and also to discuss the state of Russo-British relations, which have, in essence, been forced into a dead end by the UK.

"The decision to call off Johnson's visit to Moscow confirms once again doubts in the presence of added value in speaking to the UK, which does not have its own position on the majority of present-day issues, nor does it have real influence on the course of international affairs, as it remains 'in the shadow' of its strategic partners.

"We do not feel that we need dialogue with London any more than it does."

Putin clearly thinks we're a joke and I happen to agree. We need to work with America but not so much so we lose all influence altogether..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

It is odd. The whole point of diplomacy is that you go and speak to people. Regardless of the situation. Johnson could have gone to Moscow, put his position (however laughable/insane), and then gone home. Job done. Now he just looks a bit silly.

HOLA443
HOLA444
5 hours ago, Errol said:

Now he just looks a bit silly.

Johnson is completely unsuited for his current job and that was obvious right from the beginning, he was already out of his depth as London mayor. I wouldn't even trust him to run a pub successfully.

We are very lucky that he didn't become PM, he would have made George Bush junior look competent in comparison.

HOLA445

'Make America pay': Iran calls on Assad to ensure Trump 'regrets his attack' after Tillerson says the US 'will hold to account any who commit crimes against innocents' 

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani (bottom right) accused the US of not acting 'within international frameworks' before condemning America's surprise bombardment of a Syrian airbase (top right). It comes after both Russian and Iranian forces last night warned Donald Trump (top left) they would retaliate with military action if he launched more airstrikes on Bashar al-Assad's forces. In an ominous threat raising the prospect of war, they said the US President had crossed a 'red line' with his attack. 'From now on we will respond with force to any breach of red lines and America knows our ability to respond well,' the military chiefs said in a joint statement with Hezbollah. The Russian Embassy in London last night suggested there could be 'real war' if Moscow is presented with an ultimatum over Syria. But speaking ahead of the G7 summit today, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson (main picture) has said the US will stand up to anyone who commits crimes against humanity.

Providing of course it's not a US corporation that's committed a crime against innocents in pursuit of profit.

HOLA446

According to a contact I trust from my Journalism days this appears to be a false flag to spark a war similar to the 2nd Gulf War. There are talks behind the scenes in Washington to bring back the Draft to make up the number of boots on the ground. Regime change is what everyone is talking about behind closed doors. This is not what I wanted to hear today.

I'll summarize what I have been told:

1.) Saudi Arabia wants to sell Oil to Europe in place of Russia, Assad is preventing them from building the pipeline to do so. If they can control the Oil flow to Europe they will weaken Russia whilst funnelling more money and leverage to Saudi Arabia and the groups they fund to expand Islamization. I'm now very curious to know exactly how much leverage the Saudis have over the USA, I am guessing they either have a lot of dirt or they now either directly or indirectly control a substantial sum of their economy.

2.) Corrupt Politicians have held Portfolios that stand to benefit from conflict for almost a year now, they are happy to send Young people off to die to make a buck for themselves. They wanted Hillary to win because she would have been "no holds barred" when it came to conflict in the Middle East. Since she didn't there have been many calculated moves to isolate Trump and get him onboard the NeoCon/NeoLib bandwagon.

3.) Nothing substantial yet but rumours are starting to buzz about bringing back the Military Draft for all citizens aged 18 - 26, one person hinted at limiting social unrest by offering debt jubilee to people in this age group, freeing them of Student Debt. This is very speculative, but some people are supposedly talking about it so I'll leave it here for you guys to ponder and keep an eye on if it starts to unfold this way.

HOLA447
53 minutes ago, Renewed Investor said:

According to a contact I trust from my Journalism days this appears to be a false flag to spark a war similar to the 2nd Gulf War. There are talks behind the scenes in Washington to bring back the Draft to make up the number of boots on the ground. Regime change is what everyone is talking about behind closed doors. This is not what I wanted to hear today.

1.) Saudi Arabia wants to sell Oil to Europe in place of Russia, Assad is preventing them from building the pipeline to do so. If they can control the Oil flow to Europe they will weaken Russia whilst funnelling more money and leverage to Saudi Arabia and the groups they fund to expand Islamization. I'm now very curious to know exactly how much leverage the Saudis have over the USA, I am guessing they either have a lot of dirt or they now either directly or indirectly control a substantial sum of their economy.

2.) Corrupt Politicians have held Portfolios that stand to benefit from conflict for almost a year now, they are happy to send Young people off to die to make a buck for themselves. They wanted Hillary to win because she would have been "no holds barred" when it came to conflict in the Middle East. Since she didn't there have been many calculated moves to isolate Trump and get him onboard the NeoCon/NeoLib bandwagon.

3.) Nothing substantial yet but rumours are starting to buzz about bringing back the Military Draft for all citizens aged 18 - 26, one person hinted at limiting social unrest by offering debt jubilee to people in this age group, freeing them of Student Debt. This is very speculative, but some people are supposedly talking about it so I'll leave it here for you guys to ponder and keep an eye on if it starts to unfold this way.

I thought 1) was fairly well known/suspected TBH. Russia wouldn't be involved if it didn't have a huge economic and strategic interest in holding up Assad and Assad has a favour to repay the Russians in return for their security and support. Given we back the Americans, we are therefore supporting the "other"  side, notwithstanding the fact the other side appears to be concentrated with Sunni extremists. Talk about doing deals with the devil.

We know what leverage the Saudis have...the Americans protect the House of Saud in return for the Petrodollar, the underpinning of the $ as the global reserve currency. As well as being a big buyer of American arms.

Not so sure on 2), sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory to me, either the top brass want a war or they don't.

3) the SJWs would have a fit! I can't see it happening but lets see :o.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Where was Putin's moral outrage when he annexed Crimea? Syria is political theatre. It would be nice to know what we are fighting over rather than speculation. Maybe a respected newspaper can do some real investigative journalism. Fat chance.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
18 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

I thought 1) was fairly well known/suspected TBH. Russia wouldn't be involved if it didn't have a huge economic and strategic interest in holding up Assad and Assad has a favour to repay the Russians in return for their security and support. Given we back the Americans, we are therefore supporting the "other"  side, notwithstanding the fact the other side appears to be concentrated with Sunni extremists. Talk about doing deals with the devil.

We know what leverage the Saudis have...the Americans protect the House of Saud in return for the Petrodollar, the underpinning of the $ as the global reserve currency. As well as being a big buyer of American arms.

Not so sure on 2), sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory to me, either the top brass want a war or they don't.

3) the SJWs would have a fit! I can't see it happening but lets see :o.

Yeah, the first point has been floated around the conspiracy websites for a while now, given that I am hearing it from a source in DC though makes me take this theory more seriously now. As for point 2, it sounds far fetched until you discover that Congress cannot be investigated for Insider Trading due to the STOCK Act. Here is an interesting article regarding Insider Trading > https://represent.us/action/insider-trading/

As for the draft comment, I have an update. This has been shelved for the meantime, the timeframe is 2 - 3 years and only if the scale of the conflict justifies it. If it does the current idea is to draft 20 - 25 year olds first as part of a "Selective Service Lottery" with other age groups to follow if there anr not the numbers needed in the 20 - 25 age bracket. DC is really pushing the Trump Administration to escalate this to a ground invasion, 150,000 is the number being toted for the initial wave, more to follow if Russia gets involved and the conflict ends up being fought on 2 fronts.

HOLA4413
2 hours ago, Errol said:

Very thorough analysis of recent events from the Saker. Great read, as always:

A multi-level analysis of the US cruise missile attack on Syria and its consequences

http://thesaker.is/a-multi-level-analysis-of-the-us-cruise-missile-attack-on-syria-and-its-consequences/

That's an interesting article, thanks. The writer seems to be pretty close to the truth from what I can gather. I'm currently of the opinion that bad info was fed to the Trump Administration by US officials who are loyal to the Muslim Brotherhood. They have their tentacles in almost all offices of the US Government now it seems, they need to do a McCarthy type purging of Islamic Supremacists from positions of power and influence.

HOLA4414

Putin: Russia Has Learned More "False Flag" Chemical Attacks Are Being Prepared On The Damascus Region

Russian president Vladimir Putin shocked reporters when he said that Russia has received intelligence from "trusted sources" that more attacks using chemical weapons are being prepared on the Damascus region, meant to pin the blame on the Assad government.

"We have information from various sources that such provocations — and I cannot call them anything else — are being prepared in other regions of Syria, including in the southern suburbs of Damascus, where they intend to plant some substance and blame the official Syrian authorities for its use," Putin told a briefing.

Russian President Putin announced that Russia will officially turn to the UN in the Hague for an investigation of the chemical weapons' use in Idlib.  Moscow has dismissed suggestions that the Syrian government that it backs could be behind the attack in Idlib province.

"All incidents reminiscent of the 'chemical attacks' that took place in Idlib must be thoroughly investigated," Putin said.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-11/putin-russia-has-learned-more-false-flag-strikes-are-being-prepared-damascus-region

HOLA4415
21 hours ago, Renewed Investor said:

In the past Saudi has exported upwards of 2 million barrels per day to the US, and in 2015 around 1 million.

If Saudi wants to export to Europe, why would they need a pipeline ? 

I would speculate that the Saudis have never really felt that a pipeline to Europe would be viable given the countries it would have to pass through.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

US Coalition Strikes Daesh Depot With Chemical Weapons in Deir ez-Zor - Syrian MoD

The Syrian General Staff said that the US-led coalition struck a Daesh depot storing chemical weapons in Deir ez-Zor on Wednesday.

According to the Syrian General Staff, the US-led coalition's strikes killed several hundred people, including civilians. Hundreds were poisoned as a result of the strikes on Daesh's headquaters and depot with chemical weapons.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201704131052598995-coalition-daesh-chemical-weapons-syria/

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Former British ambassador to Syria drops the Truth-Bomb on the BCC, they won't invite him again:

On April 11th 2017 Peter King, former British Ambassador to Syria was on BBC Breakfast. With three minutes of remarks, he destroys the entire Syrian War narrative.

HOLA4422
58 minutes ago, The Eagle said:

Former British ambassador to Syria drops the Truth-Bomb on the BCC, they won't invite him again:

On April 11th 2017 Peter King, former British Ambassador to Syria was on BBC Breakfast. With three minutes of remarks, he destroys the entire Syrian War narrative.

he was on newsnight 3 days later

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, p.p. said:

he was on newsnight 3 days later

And? Did he still stick to his views there or did he retract everything?

If there is a YT recording of his newsnight appearance I'd be interested to watch it.

Edit: what do you mean 3 days later, that would be the 14th, i.e. tomorrow? :huh:

HOLA4424
11 minutes ago, The Eagle said:

And? Did he still stick to his views there or did he retract everything?

If there is a YT recording of his newsnight appearance I'd be interested to watch it.

Edit: what do you mean 3 days later, that would be the 14th, i.e. tomorrow? :huh:

i saw him on bbc breakfast the first morning the news broke then on newsnight 2-3 days later saying the same thing. im going to check the breakfast interview date now as the 11th must be wrong

HOLA4425

Archived