House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Women Never Wear 75% Of Their Shoes!

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/features/women-never-wear-75their-shoes_938537.html

Women never wear three out of four pairs of shoes they own, a new UK survey has found.

The average woman owns 20 pairs of shoes, but some are never worn because they are uncomfortable or don't match an outfit. Some shoes are discarded as they are unwanted gifts.

A surprising 41 percent women said they owned expensive shoes which they never wore to keep them from getting damaged. Of more than 2,000 women polled, 86 percent admitted they had at least one pair of footwear they don't wear, the 'Daily Express' reported.

Keynes never came up with this idea to save the economy!

Both correct, although my unworn shoes help the economy - the bedroom issue is damaging it...

How does the use of finite human effort, leather and energy to make shoes that are never worn "help the economy"?

The whole point of an economy is to use scarce resources to improve quality of life. The manufacture and distribution of useless goods doesn't improve quality of life. If anything it reduces it by shrinking the pool of raw materials available to make genuinely useful products.

How does the use of finite human effort, leather and energy to make shoes that are never worn "help the economy"?

The whole point of an economy is to use scarce resources to improve quality of life. The manufacture and distribution of useless goods doesn't improve quality of life. If anything it reduces it by shrinking the pool of raw materials available to make genuinely useful products.

It was a joke! :huh:

:)

That's rather thingist.

Didn't someone argue that no stuff was any more worthy than rubber dog poo and plastic vomit from an economical point of view.

Both correct, although my unworn shoes help the economy - the bedroom issue is damaging it...

Presumably helping the Chinese economy though or some such.

I'd struggle to wear 75% of my shoes too. The most I could manage would be two on my feet and maybe a few hanging from my neck.

I don't really understand the OP. If the woman is one-legged, obviously she would only wear 50% of her shoes. But 75%? How does that work? :huh:

..... 25% of their clothes they have never worn more that once or ever the label is still attached...... :o

Sounds like me! When I see "bargains", I'll have three pairs of those shoes ,please, and twenty shirts! :blink:

..... 25% of their clothes they have never worn more that once or ever the label is still attached...... :o

Probably because they don't fit and they haven't taken them back yet. I suspect men are as bad on this score, the tip is:

Try it on first.

My Dad has a whole loft full of tools he has never used.

My guess is men and women are pretty even overall.

Mine basically end up in the dustbin....the charity shop wouldn't want them. I tend to wear them into holes courtesy of walking.

Mine basically end up in the dustbin....the charity shop wouldn't want them. I tend to wear them into holes courtesy of walking.

Well, same here. I guess girls have some excuses. I would guess that it is far more likely to get a pair of shoes that can cripple you because of the shape etc if you are a girl than a guy. I'd guess that a fair amount of shoes don't get worn because the owner finds out that within a few times of wearing.

Well, same here. I guess girls have some excuses. I would guess that it is far more likely to get a pair of shoes that can cripple you because of the shape etc if you are a girl than a guy. I'd guess that a fair amount of shoes don't get worn because the owner finds out that within a few times of wearing.

Women's shoes are much the same as babies clothing.....they don't wear out and before long they are either out grown, out of date, out of fashion or impossible to wear. ;)