House Price Crash Forum

Max Keiser

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Normally don't like that leftie young columnist from the Indy but he made a series of pertinent points about housing benefit being a rich landlord subsidy,the disaster that is H2B, squeeze on real wages etc

Me neither. :) But if someone comes at the problem from another direction and arrives at the same conclusion, then it can only make that conclusion more solid/true. A good thing.

Still feel weird though.

HOLA445

Max Keiser's broadcasts seem to be getting a lot more British focused.

This probably reflects the fact that his show is now broadcast from London Bridge - hence the shots of Tower Bridge in the background - surrounded by most of the London main offices of the big accounting firms. I actually saw him there outside one of the local sandwich shops last week at lunchtime - he might be a well renowned broadcaster but it seems Russia Today doesn't offer him a free lunch!

HOLA446
HOLA447

Good entertainment but I'm not convinced by that 'Mom and Pops' and leveraging up to gamble on the S&P.

I would think its more likely to be banks and hedge funds to get the returns.

Its big funds buying up US property for cash.

As for this 'Soros Put' on the S&P there is nothing to stop you participating in this, as you could shorting AUD if you share the Soros viewpoint that the market is overbought.

Agree with everything that Owen Jones says about runaway housing benefit going to private landlords, and attempts to re-inflate the housing bubble. He seems to have the Tories scared at the moment, and they almost seem to hang off his Twitter feed.

Of course you wouldn't need social housing if we had proper and fundamental land reform, but as that would require a revolution/insurrection to overcome centuries of landowner entitlement its likely to be the lesser of two evils for the rentiers.

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA448

Good entertainment but I'm not convinced by that 'Mom and Pops' and leveraging up to gamble on the S&P.

I would think its more likely to be banks and hedge funds to get the returns.

Its big funds buying up US property for cash.

As for this 'Soros Put' on the S&P there is nothing to stop you participating in this, as you could shorting AUD if you share the Soros viewpoint that the market is overbought.

Agree with everything that Owen Jones says about runaway housing benefit going to private landlords, and attempts to re-inflate the housing bubble. He seems to have the Tories scared at the moment, and they almost seem to hang off his Twitter feed.

Of course you wouldn't need social housing if we had proper and fundamental land reform, but as that would require a revolution/insurrection to overcome centuries of landowner entitlement its likely to be the lesser of two evils for the rentiers.

Mom 'n' Pop can barely pay the bills every month with their wages suppressed and hours cut. The only section of the US population that's doing well is the top 10% of income earners. It's no coincidence that these individuals also enjoy the greatest exposure to the stock market. The last five years has been a cakewalk for them.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Mom 'n' Pop can barely pay the bills every month with their wages suppressed and hours cut. The only section of the US population that's doing well is the top 10% of income earners. It's no coincidence that these individuals also enjoy the greatest exposure to the stock market. The last five years has been a cakewalk for them.

The other thing is if the clever money has pulled out of the stock market where is it going to go. Can't see anything out there that I would rather bet on.

HOLA4411