House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JPJPJP

Does Your Road Have Private Security

So, I was meandering around the St John's Wood area of London this weekend

On one reasonably nice street, I encountered a 'security' guard.

One has been there for sometime, as per this streetview http://goo.gl/maps/zsNOq

He now has a bench with a cushion to sit on too

I was curious who had hired him and what his brief was. He wouldn't tell me when I asked

Every private estate needs a Zimmerman.

How did you know my real name? :blink:

One has been there for sometime, as per this streetview http://goo.gl/maps/zsNOq

I was curious who had hired him and what his brief was. He wouldn't tell me when I asked

I worked in that road at number 59 in November 2011! Don't remember seeing any security apart from the occasional parade of military horses...

Look at the quality of that external wiring - what external wiring? Exactly. B)

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=st+johns+wood+queens+grove&hl=en&ll=51.538048,-0.172616&spn=0.007948,0.017188&sll=51.530908,-0.171886&sspn=0.127186,0.275002&t=h&hnear=Queen%27s+Grove,+London+NW8+6ER,+United+Kingdom&z=17&layer=c&cbll=51.537937,-0.172848&panoid=z8Fh9nWQjzlzEJY8hQE3Mg&cbp=12,75.99,,0,6.25

They obviously don't have Virgin Media then. I'll cross that street off my list.

Yeah I was going to make an offer myself but that was a deal breaker :-/

See they still have the white Land Cruiser Amazon though (Perfect city transport)

Phone the Police and say someone's loitering suspiciously in the street.

Perhaps he's waiting for Will Self to walk through with his kids?

I don't see any security guard in your streetview link. Perhaps he's gone home, it's late.

Is it a private road? I notice that there are barracks nearby, too.

I don't see any security guard in your streetview link. Perhaps he's gone home, it's late.

Is it a private road? I notice that there are barracks nearby, too.

He is definitely there in the linked streetview, leaning against the wall in a hi viz vest...

Someone in a hi viz marked SECURITY was definitely there in real life on Sat 17 Aug, because I spoke to him and asked him who he was guarding...

It is a public road

If I were coughing up for private security, I'd make sure he looked a bit more like private security and a bit less like a builder taking a fag break to lean against the wall.

He is definitely there in the linked streetview, leaning against the wall in a hi viz vest...

Someone in a hi viz marked SECURITY was definitely there in real life on Sat 17 Aug, because I spoke to him and asked him who he was guarding...

It is a public road

The Streetview Link worked for me this time. I see him now.

If I was a burglar "casing a joint" * I would stand there, take my time, and wear a HiViz vest. No-one would ever suspect.

*Although I am obviously familar with the burgling fraternty's terminology for organising a "blag", I am in no means involved in such activities myself.