House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Beans

Eas "worst Experiences"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buyingsellingandmoving/10247876/I-was-greeted-by-Darth-Vader-estate-agents-worst-experiences.html

“I went on a valuation where I was greeted at the door by Darth Vader. The client left the mask on and did the funny breathing thing. I greeted him as Lord Vader as a joke but he conducted the whole valuation in the mask. Princess Leia was in the kitchen but didn't say much.” Jason Tebb, founder of Ivy Gate

“I valued a house in Battersea and the vendor warned me that she collects animals. She opened the door to one of the rooms and it was full of about 50 snakes. It was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen.” Giles Cook, partner at estate agency W.A.Ellis

“We sold a flat which was owned by a famous popstar. In the wardrobe, he had mannequins dressed in period dresses for social occasions. We almost had a blue fit when we discovered it.” Javier Carrillo, lettings partner at West End estate agency LDG

“One tricky tenant who was due to move out didn’t want us to show the flat while he was still there, so he wrapped everything in tarpaulin, which completely hampered the marketing and was an absolute nightmare.” Lucy Morton, senior partner at W.A.Ellis

taurpalin_2645944a.jpg

“One disgruntled tenant who didn’t want to move out would always appear naked on viewings. I had to stop showing the flat until she was evicted.” Javier Carrillo, lettings partner at LDG

“I was once on a viewing and when I opened the front door, the owner came running over only wearing a t-shirt. She then fainted. I shut the door, but we were all concerned, so had to go back in to help her up.” Jamie Lester, head of Haus Properties, a south west London property agency.

“I have seen one property with naked pictures of the vendors hanging in the master bedroom.” Jo Eccles, director of Sourcing Property

“Once while measuring up the master bedroom on a property, the vendor came home. We were having a pleasant conversation until he got undressed and took a shower with the door wide open.” Jamie Lester, head of Haus Properties.

“And on a valuation, I asked the seller what she did for a living and she said she was in the adult film industry. She described the job, and also gifted me a stack of her ‘films’ to give to the team!” Jamie Lester, head of Haus Properties.

Not exactly sure what a "blue fit" is?

Edited by Dave Beans

Fake. A real one would be:

"I told my client I could get 500k for his property. But after paying the rightmove fees myself for 5 years, I finally got him a buyer for 325k. He still makes silent phone calls at 3am, police visit monthly regarding the anonymous pedophile allegations and I get a suspicious parcel delivered to my home every birthday."

Or:

"After the viewing I took a £1400 'non refundable reservation fee' from the couple. I then let the flat to someone else who offered me £100 cash. The man came round to my house and threatened to break my legs if they did not their money back. Nightmare."