House Price Crash Forum

In 2083 New Properties Will Cost Almost £7 Million

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2395714/How-world-look-2083-A-tunnel-linking-Europe-U-S--20-loaves-bread-476-86-pints-lager-plus-millionaires.html

Subjects living under the rule of future King George will all be millionaires, witness teleportation and pay £20 for a loaf of bread, according to experts.

With Royal baby fever gripping the nation over recent weeks, an investment firm has compiled the research to see what life would be like when the Royal newborn takes to the throne.

Using the year 2083 as a benchmark, researchers from the investment firm used historical data calculated with annual growth rates to compile an astonishing list of predictions.

Everyday groceries including a pint of milk and a dozen eggs will cost £321.21 and £66.03 respectively while home owners can expect to pay an average of almost £7 million for new properties.

‘Some of the numbers might seem outrageous at first but when you consider that a pint of milk cost 20p just 30 years ago, paying £320 in 2083 is not too difficult to imagine.’

Printed it seems in all seriousness that this isn't a problem.

So everyone will be millionaires? It all starts to become economically meaningless.

HOLA442

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2395714/How-world-look-2083-A-tunnel-linking-Europe-U-S--20-loaves-bread-476-86-pints-lager-plus-millionaires.html

Printed it seems in all seriousness that this isn't a problem.

So everyone will be millionaires? It all starts to become economically meaningless.

Why would home owners want to buy new properties? (Your bold bit)

....oh, wait...

Edited by bomberbrown

HOLA443
‘Some of the numbers might seem outrageous at first but when you consider that a pint of milk cost 20p just 30 years ago, paying £320 in 2083 is not too difficult to imagine.’

LOL really?!? It's gone up about 1p per year so a rise of about £319.50 in the next 70 years seams quite difficult for me to imagine!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

they are saying a loaf of bread to cost x20, and a pint of milk to cost x1000, eggs x30, big mac the same price. would be nice if the figures added up as the story is shite as is.

Indeed, I'll be able to buy 127 Big Mac's, yes thats 127 Big Mac's for 1 pint of lager! Nice to see that feeding the world won't be a problem with all that cheap fast food! This just shows what total rubbish is written in the Mail!

Also they sum up that all the numbers they give in pounds are totally pointless as there won't be any!

'The future monarch is also expected to oversee the worldwide adoption of a common currency'

Well that one thing I can believe!

HOLA447
HOLA448

I am a yen millionaire and when travelling in SE Asia I am frequently carrying millions in cash.

Not a problem it is called inflation.

shame about the Yen savers who live in the gutter.

Its not a problem if you live in a world of made up numbers, GDP and rich banks and thats OK with you.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

If you can teleport why would you need a house? Just store yourself in the pattern buffer or something.

Oh dear giving away what I'm working on at the moment. :lol:

Very good but you need to get out a little more and hide that remote control.......:P

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Amazed this made it into a paper. Do they state what the average earnings will be in order to facilitate buying this £7M pad?

Salary will be £26, 000 borrowing on 270 x earnings with a LTV of 99.995%.

I can't see a problem with that.

Edit: forgot to add that the tracker (tracks at base rate -.499 (still unchanged) mortgage to facilate this purchase comes with a £1million fee naturally this can be rolled onto the outstanding mortgage for the whole term which is an industry leading 500years to cope with the ever increasing life expectancy of us serfs.

Edited by longtomsilver

HOLA4413

Indeed, I'll be able to buy 127 Big Mac's, yes thats 127 Big Mac's for 1 pint of lager! Nice to see that feeding the world won't be a problem with all that cheap fast food! This just shows what total rubbish is written in the Mail!

Also they sum up that all the numbers they give in pounds are totally pointless as there won't be any!

'The future monarch is also expected to oversee the worldwide adoption of a common currency'

Well that one thing I can believe!

I doubt it will be one that they will have chosen though. State fiat will have long died off by then and I suspect one or more crypto-currency variants will be popular.

I also suspect that attitudes towards the role of the state and the monarch will be very different. In a shrinking world, where communication and travel is simple, I doubt the old statist games will continue to be supported. Something else will materialise instead, as we start to move beyond thinking that violence is the solution to all problems.

Edited by Traktion

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Milk isn't a very good comparison because you can still buy it at 52p a litre in long life form.... or 29p a pint (actually very little inflation) and even deflation if you considered these litre tetra paks hit a low of 17p about 10 years ago. Still possible to buy it a less than the 30 year ago price if you pick it up from the Lidl half price sale they do occasionally on milk.

Meanwhile, I bought my 5 pack of twin blade razors for 13p yesterday. I'm guessing tenfold, 30 years ago.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4418

I also suspect that attitudes towards the role of the state and the monarch will be very different. In a shrinking world, where communication and travel is simple, I doubt the old statist games will continue to be supported. Something else will materialise instead, as we start to move beyond thinking that violence is the solution to all problems.

Shrinking world?

We're approaching a global minimum in communication times. As we move off-planet, we'll never see anything like the present era again, where almost anyone can communicate with almost anyone near-instantly.

Government on Earth will have a hard time telling people in the Oort cloud what to do, and will never have any chance of controlling those beyond the nearby stars, where they would take decades to receive news and react to it.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Going by the calculations of what a pound coin or equivelant would be worth after a thousand years, with say just 3% compound interest per year, i'm guessing there must be a few resets/total wipeouts of currency every so often.

...a quid with those figures would be worth £6,874,240,231,176.60 after a thousand years...

and if a quid invested around the time of mary's miracle baby at 3% a year --> £69,395,823,138,259,440,000,000,000.00 today, which i'm guessing could buy the world several times over.

Edited by motch

HOLA4421
HOLA4422