House Price Crash Forum

Martin Lewis: Time To Stop Calling Student Loans A Loan

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Will a mortgage lender count this 50k loan that' s' not really a loan' as a loan when calculating how much you already owe and how much you can borrow?

All they do at present is take into account the sum the applicant is paying per month, as they do any other regular monthly outgoings.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

If we could only see the from the perspective of twenty or thirty years ago. The way debt servitude has become normalised is unbelievable.

Was speaking to a guy a guy at work 29, 26k unsecured debt (highly skilled IT but earning the same as I was 15 years ago). In my day this would have been seen as the responsibility of him AND irresponsible lenders. The perception now is - it's his fault, debts a way of life, deal with it. That isn't surprising when the govt example is the most irresponsible lender of all.

Fortunately for him he wasn't stupid enough to get a degree.

I'm starting to look at the FIAT money system like a lot of people on here and see how totally messed up we are.

HOLA4410

If we could only see the from the perspective of twenty or thirty years ago. The way debt servitude has become normalised is unbelievable.

Was speaking to a guy a guy at work 29, 26k unsecured debt (highly skilled IT but earning the same as I was 15 years ago). In my day this would have been seen as the responsibility of him AND irresponsible lenders. The perception now is - it's his fault, debts a way of life, deal with it. That isn't surprising when the govt example is the most irresponsible lender of all.

Fortunately for him he wasn't stupid enough to get a degree.

I'm starting to look at the FIAT money system like a lot of people on here and see how totally messed up we are.

The whole education system, housing, energy the NHS and transport services need a complete overhaul.....lots of savings could easily be made and they could all be made to run more efficiently and cheaply, the problem being many well paid and not always efficient jobs are reliant on waste, more waste and unnecessary actions and spending creates/maintains more jobs....a vicious circle where we all directly or indirectly have to all pay for non productive waste in the systems we have created to support it all.,,,,doing away with jobs/people to streamline services and reduce costs creates other different problems to solve ;)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412