House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trampa501

A Mcds Big Breakfast Now £6.15

This was in the Edgware Road branch - I had to double-take when I saw the price, it could only have been £3.59 a few months ago.

The scale of price rises is getting scary, yet we're constantly told inflation is coming down!

This was in the Edgware Road branch - I had to double-take when I saw the price, it could only have been £3.59 a few months ago.

The scale of price rises is getting scary, yet we're constantly told inflation is coming down!

still cheaper than the ritz drive-thru

Don't worry, I'm sure the intellectual prodigies at the BoE know what they're doing. :lol::lol::lol:

Imagine the breakfast you could make yourself for £6.15. We're talking a 2-defibrillator job here..

Refuse to buy it and save yourself both money and feel a bit lighter, deflate yourself. ;)

Imagine the breakfast you could make yourself for £6.15. We're talking a 2-defibrillator job here..

Considering like for like (e.g. crap for crap), just imagine what you could make for that.

Off the top of my bonce.

6 crap eggs – 80p

8 crap sossages – 80p

1 pack crap bacon – 80p

500g cheapo mince - £2

A tomato, lettuce – 60p

Pack of 4 big buns – 50p

Cheese slices – 50p

Some pennies left over for gas/leccy.

So for less you could make 4 quarter pounder burgers topped with bacon, sausages, an egg (2 in some cases) and a bit of salad.

Four.

I daresay that one would make you a lot fuller than a McD’s ‘big’ breakfast.

Edit to say I wonder how much the list of crap cost 5/10 years ago though I have listed :unsure:, though I doubt as much as McD's inflation.

Silver-lining wise it does make it easier to pass up on buying junk.

Though, of course, some people will always be willing to pay that little bit extra for the quality, customer service and ambience a McDonalds restaurant offers.

I only very occasionally eat McD but I'm sure the breakfast was £3-odd last time I had one. Surely this must be a pricing error? I can't imagine anyone needing to increase the cost of an item by such a huge percentage.

Silver-lining wise it does make it easier to pass up on buying junk.

Though, of course, some people will always be willing to pay that little bit extra for the quality, customer service and ambience a McDonalds restaurant offers.

Why not recreate the experience at home?

Step 1: Buy some cheap plastic chairs. Nail them to the floor slightly too close to a cheap formica table.

Step 2: Empty a 2 liter bottle of diet coke over the above. Allow to dry.

Step 3: Rummage through your bins for some used tissues and unidentifiable bits of plastic. Scatter under the table (it's important to pay attention to the details).

Step 4 : Locate at least 6 bored small children. Feed each one 1/2 a kilo of red smarties and make them sit down in silence for at least half a hour before commencing your meal. For that extra special ambience, locate a group of generic teenagers to sit in the corner and radiate gloom.

Step 5 : Find some bagged salad from the reduced counter at your local supermarket. Leave it on a radiator for a day, along with a couple of value white buns.

Step 6: Obtain 1 frozen value-range non-named-meat burger. Cut it in half to make two vanishingly thin burgers. Cook for at least 3 times longer than the instructions say. Allow to cool. If fries are required, cook and cool those as well.

Step 7: Construct burgers using above ingredients. Set children loose. Sit and consume in a harassed and morose manner.

Have a nice Day!

If I am honest about it apart from all the other downsides....it is the overpowering smell that wafts out of the door when it is opened that is the most off putting thing, it makes you want to jump back close it quickly and reach a little..... ;)

<snip>

:lol:

The triumph of corporates like McDonalds is the consistency with which they manage to deliver their products. You could be in Jakarta or Jerusalem. Walk into a McDonalds and you know exactly what to expect.

It's very reassuring.

Having made exactly the same mistake for a few seconds yesterday , I can tell you that a big breakfast is 615 Kcal. (Edit: ie not £6.15, you were reading the wrong label)

They charged me 5p for tomato sauce in a stupid packet, that is a dodgy franchise McDs for you. I left them the tray to do themselves.

Having made exactly the same mistake for a few seconds yesterday , I can tell you that a big breakfast is 615 Kcal.

They charged me 5p for tomato sauce in a stupid packet, that is a dodgy franchise McDs for you. I left them the tray to do themselves.

615Kcal, perfect for the 5:2 fast days.

Mcdonalds is genuinely good for my health, here's how :-

I love it when the kids ask for Mcdonalds on fast days, it only happens about once every couple of months.

It'll be about 7pm, I'll be feeling a bit hungry, I leave work and pick up Mac Doodoo, the ten minutes wait while enduring that vile smell kills any appetite I have and the rest of the evening fast is easy.

Come to think of it, maybe I should just go and sit in Mcdonalds for ten minutes in the late afternoon of all fast days....

And WTF is in their stuff that it smells so incredibly foul?

Having made exactly the same mistake for a few seconds yesterday , I can tell you that a big breakfast is 615 Kcal. (Edit: ie not £6.15, you were reading the wrong label)

Yep this is it. There is no way it's £6.15 and it is indeed 615 calories.

Step 1: Buy some cheap plastic chairs. Nail them to the floor slightly too close to a cheap formica table.

'

'

'

Step 7: Construct burgers using above ingredients. Set children loose. Sit and consume in a harassed and morose manner.

Have a nice Day!

Your forgot the very first step: inhale the smell of unwashed scalps as you step inside the door and rejoice.

A couple of posters have pointed out the obvious - inflation is hollow, deflation is a choice.

I would eat pretty much anything and everything off the McDonalds menu but for ******s sake I wouldn't touch the breakfast menu with a stolen ****.

Don't, just don't.

Now then, now then...

It was the 1970s, everyone was doing it..*

*Official excuse for everything that happened at the BBC prior to about 1985..

Your forgot the very first step: inhale the smell of unwashed scalps as you step inside the door and rejoice.

A couple of posters have pointed out the obvious - inflation is hollow, deflation is a choice.

Good idea -

Step 0.7 - Find a selection of passed-out alchoholics in a london park. Shave off their hair, marinate with 1 kilo of rancid butter and leave on the radiator..