House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frozen_out

Things That Every Man Should Own

What one thing would you recommend every man should have?

Mine would have to be a tin of WD-40. No man is complete without this handy little spray, I'd give it to my kids when they were ill if the label said I could.

Mine would have to be a tin of WD-40. No man is complete without this handy little spray, I'd give it to my kids when they were ill if the label said I could.

A set of minature screwdrivers, a torch, a compass and a hunting knife. One of those magnesium blocks for starting fires. A harem of scantily clad good looking horny women. A bar of Kit Kat and a tub of Gentleman's relish. Condoms.

A set of minature screwdrivers, a torch, a compass and a hunting knife. One of those magnesium blocks for starting fires. A harem of scantily clad good looking horny women. A bar of Kit Kat and a tub of Gentleman's relish. Condoms.

That's at least 9, depending on how many women you have in your harem :)

'Shed' seems to be a recurring theme here.

I have had garden sheds, but merely places to store tools in. Not proper sheds where I could sit in an old chair and brew up a cup of tea in a tin mug after a bit of hard work in the garden.

It does seem to be a 'man thing'. To me, the appeal of what I have just described seems self-evident. It seems the pinnacle of relaxation. Do any women on this thread find the idea of a shed to potter about in, in any way appealing?

A variation on this theme - fisherman's sheds, in Walberswick, Suffolk:

Southwold%20opposite%20Walberswick%20fishermen%27s%20sheds.jpg

They smell of diesel, creosote, seaweed and fish. Perfection.

'Shed' seems to be a recurring theme here.

I have had garden sheds, but merely places to store tools in. Not proper sheds where I could sit in an old chair and brew up a cup of tea in a tin mug after a bit of hard work in the garden.

It does seem to be a 'man thing'. To me, the appeal of what I have just described seems self-evident. It seems the pinnacle of relaxation. Do any women on this thread find the idea of a shed to potter about in, in any way appealing?

Not even slightly appealing - I do, however, think that they are an absolute necessity as they provide the female race with peace and quiet :P

A proper EDC keychain, with all the trimmings...

ix43o5.jpg

Please tell me you don't wear this on a belt loop wherever you go?

I don't think it's just things like owning Leathermans and carrying them round with you they need real signs of genuine use in the field not just as OTT bottle openers.

Well I suppose a bank account with a few million squid in it.

Guest eight

Oh and a flat cap and a best friend.

Best friend is a good one. I think Men Behaving Badly had it pretty spot on.

Well I suppose a bank account with a few million squid in it.

Nah, a million quid in the bank doesn't really mean anything. It's more of a nice to have rather than a should have.