House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Orange

Nutters On Public Transport...

OK, I had this unfortunate incident today that has really confused and upset me, and if I see this guy again I may inform the authorities about him (or lodge a formal complaint to the bus company).

When the bus journey I took today was nearly over, this swarthy, dishevelled looking guy (who may have actually been a Roma Gypsy) was sitting in front of me and then turned round, demanding to stop looking at me or he'd cut off my ears. I cannot recall intentionally looking at him and was just daydreaming with smartphone earphones on. Essentially random and unprovoked. It's a cliché for mentally unsound people saying 'What 'd yer think yer lookin' at!' to strangers who supposedly gave them a "funny" look. Looking into his unpleasant eyes and hearing his eerily calm voice, he seemed either drunk or not taking his medication.

Other passengers noticed the incident and one helpful lady said that the bloke, a relatively recent immigrant local, had gained a reputation already for starting on strangers almost at random. I think buses removing the need for bus conductors may have been a mistake and recently a teenaged girl was killed by an unsupervised mental patient for no reason. Attitudes need to change.

Inform the police and the bus company anyway, I'm pretty sure this guy had committed a crime and also likely on cctv, also got witnesses

Forget about it and move on unless you encounter him again. Frankly, if you're a regular public transport user I'm surprised you're not more inured to mentals and asbo kids.

I could fill a book with the (often quite dangerous) nutters I've come across in my shops in deprived inner city areas. Unfortunately, on public transport, you're not going to solely encounter enlightened Guardian readers saving the planet a lot will simply be mentally unfit to pass a driving test.

Surely cutting out your eyes would make more sense if he thought you were looking at him ?

Disappointing chat. Not a prolific mentalist imo.

Surely cutting out your eyes would make more sense if he thought you were looking at him ?

Disappointing chat. Not a prolific mentalist imo.

Maybe the ears are like a warning shot and he's leaving the eyes for a later infraction

Maybe the ears are like a warning shot and he's leaving the eyes for a later infraction

Good point. I wonder what his next move would be . .

It is unnerving when this kind of thing happens and can shake you up for days, weeks or even years.

You have to weight up whether the guy is a bully trying it on or whether he is really dangerous. There are loads of nutters around sadly.

Call me an unsympathetic bar-steward, but I never knew why we had to have this care in the community nonsense for some of the worst cases. Nutters of that sort should be shackled or straight jacketed in cells, with an appropriate amount of a chemical cosh injected.

OK, I had this unfortunate incident today that has really confused and upset me, and if I see this guy again I may inform the authorities about him (or lodge a formal complaint to the bus company).

When the bus journey I took today was nearly over, this swarthy, dishevelled looking guy (who may have actually been a Roma Gypsy) was sitting in front of me and then turned round, demanding to stop looking at me or he'd cut off my ears. I cannot recall intentionally looking at him and was just daydreaming with smartphone earphones on. Essentially random and unprovoked. It's a cliché for mentally unsound people saying 'What 'd yer think yer lookin' at!' to strangers who supposedly gave them a "funny" look. Looking into his unpleasant eyes and hearing his eerily calm voice, he seemed either drunk or not taking his medication.

Other passengers noticed the incident and one helpful lady said that the bloke, a relatively recent immigrant local, had gained a reputation already for starting on strangers almost at random. I think buses removing the need for bus conductors may have been a mistake and recently a teenaged girl was killed by an unsupervised mental patient for no reason. Attitudes need to change.

So, your complaint to the authorities is as follows:

Dear Uber-Psycho,

Today it was my displeasure to spend 10 minutes of my otherwise psycho-free life in the company of a bit of a proper (though obviously not in your league) nut-job on a public omnibus.

I am writing a strong letter of protest to both you and the Harvard-educated retard whose father runs the bus company because the half-a-crown a week I spend on your service means that no-win-no-fee lawyers will persue you 'til the end of time if you don't immediately give me a large some of cash.

Yours,

Adolf Crippen Shipman-Widdicome esq.

Aye - really tears at yer heart-strings that story of yours does...

XYY

This type of behaviour is harassment. If you are unfortunate enough to meet this idiot again, phone the police and lodge a complaint. They usually act on such calls, unless higher priorities intervene.

My brother had a neighbour of this unnerving type. He called the police, who visited the abusive guy. Abusive guy got aggressive with them, and they gave him a very severe talking to/caution, and logged his behaviour offically.

Three years later - no problem since. He sees my brother - he crosses the road and disappears.

Just consider it another success story of multicultural Britain and vow never to vote for the scumbags in Westminster again.

Actually, it would be cool to get the nutter's severed arms, and the OP's severed ears, and stage a fight between them. Bet the hand wins.

Um, how exactly is an ear supposed to fight?

Um, how exactly is an ear supposed to fight?

Playing the "good-listener" card to it's maximum whilst secretly filling all the victim's holes with liquid ear-wax would seem the best strategy should any lone ear find itself in a modern-day combat scenario...

XYY

This stuff is par the course on public transport isn't it? It's why so many use cars instead. The trip back to Uxbridge from London on weekend evenings was always eventful. So many fights and nutjobs it was unbelievable. But that was in my younger single days & you never think anything will happen to you. I wouldn't take my wife on those journeys now, because it would be obviously unsafe. And this issue those in power always ignore when they are busy promoting a car free UK.

I'm not sure what I would have done in a similar situation. But if you're likely to see him again, have your mobile recording or use something similar. Video would be even better. And definitely then report him to the police. I wouldn't take it lightly at all. He threatened you. I'd probably have called him out on it right then and there, and told him to "go ahead and try". But that approach involves risk.

The issue here is he'll do it to other people in future, and sometimes these weirdos graduate to hurting someone seriously. I wouldn't shy away from reporting this creep.

A bit of defence for the said creep

So far all he's been is mouthy and offensive

Maybe he has the kind of life history that would make any of us behave like that

He does need correcting, but at the same time his crimes are so far limited