House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hectors House

Derby - Large 4 Bed Reduced

A friend heard from a EA today that a large 4 bed property in Derby is being reduced from £209,000 to offers around £185,000

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/27436301?search_identifier=33e593051501d72c13f72e250866875a

The price hasn't been changed yet on the websites.

That's quite a drop, one off or start of a trend?

Edited by Hectors House

A friend heard from a EA today that a large 4 bed property in Derby is being reduced from £209,000 to offers around £185,000

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/27436301?search_identifier=33e593051501d72c13f72e250866875a

The price hasn't been changed yet on the websites.

That's quite a drop, one off or start of a trend?

I doubt its a rend at the moment. At any given time there are homes having price adjustments. There are some in Sussex which have dropped £30k or more in recent weeks, but overall you can see more house sale activity and probably the beginning of rising prices here and there. There is a bit of hype in the news because more FTB are back. How long for at these prices and with falling real wages is anybodys guess. You would need a minimum 10 x average uk wages to buy a 3 bed semi in most of Sussex.

I doubt its a rend at the moment. At any given time there are homes having price adjustments. There are some in Sussex which have dropped £30k or more in recent weeks, but overall you can see more house sale activity and probably the beginning of rising prices here and there. There is a bit of hype in the news because more FTB are back. How long for at these prices and with falling real wages is anybodys guess. You would need a minimum 10 x average uk wages to buy a 3 bed semi in most of Sussex.

I would bet that Sussex is is an overpriced area, well i know it is! So a £30K drop there isn't as comparable with whats on offer in the East Midlands.

I don't think it's a trend, just a house that no-one wants.

Its not in a great area - inner city redevelopment.

-most families would choice to spend £200k elsewhere in derby

-although it's close to the hospital, investors would be looking for greater returns

It close to a great Indian restruant -probably it's strongest selling point