House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
@contradevian

2200% Return From Property

The unstoppable movement to unproductive rentierism hurtles onwards like an out of control juggernaut.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/houseprices/10236063/Property-investors-had-2200pc-return-potential-says-Savills.html (£)

Someone who had bought and then sold in the best performing local housing market for each of the last 18 years would have enjoyed a near 2,200pc return on their initial outlay, according to data from estate agency Savills.

Taking a less specific view of the UK housing market, by picking the best region each year, the return would have been 549pc, or £5.5m, researchers said.

Those figures compare to a headline 158pc average return on the value of housing across England and Wales as a whole for the same period. The research was based on Land Registry data tracking the market from 1995 to the end of 2012.

This is what the market is telling us, and you can't buck the markets I'm afraid!

Edited by aSecureTenant

What blatantly obvious ramping.

Though to me 2200% seems like terrible returns if that is the absolute best you could do making all the right moves for 18 years. If you magically picked the best performing stock every day for 18 years, your returns would be in the order of millions of percent.

If only id bought apple stock in 1976, then microsoft stock in 1980, then amazon in 1995 or something, id be a quadzillionaire!

this time next year Rodders

If only id bought apple stock in 1976, then microsoft stock in 1980, then amazon in 1995 or something, id be a quadzillionaire!

Not if you'd been flushed out again in '82, '87 and 2001.

If I'd known all the lottery numbers for the last 18 years, I would be the richest person on the planet.

Hindsight, such a wonderful thing.

If I'd known all the lottery numbers for the last 18 years, I would be the richest person on the planet.

Hindsight, such a wonderful thing.

Nail, hammer, etc.