House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
@contradevian

The Job Where The Uniforms Costs More Than A Weeks Wages

Been doing the rounds on Twitter this. Have to say Twitter is doing a great job at totally discrediting Universal Jobmatch

https://jobsearch.di...x?JobID=2929786

You will need to be flexible when required to cover holiday and sickness absence. A uniform is provided at a nominal cost of £5 for a polo shirt. and £10 for a fleece. This is a position of 4 hours per week which may involve some weekend work. Please apply with a current CV to jobs@deeset.co.uk

:unsure:

Don't all apply at once!

Edited by aSecureTenant

If you were a single person claiming benefits and only allowed to earn £5 per week!!! then that would take you 3 weeks for the uniform, then add on your transport and that could be 4 weeks to pay back.

Police helmets are £150 a pop! I should know! I've stolen a few! There are 44 police forces in this country,and I need another 40 to complete my collection! :blink:

Police helmets are £150 a pop! I should know! I've stolen a few! There are 44 police forces in this country,and I need another 40 to complete my collection! :blink:

Pinched one off a chinese copper.

beat that

CLOTHING MERCHANDISER

Job description

We are looking to recruit colleagues who have excellent customer facing skills that make the extra difference within a retail environment.

A happy can do attitude is essential to all tasks.

Day to day duties include stock replenishment, ensuring departmental layout for best appeal to the customer, cleaning and tidying, and most important offering a first class customer service.

Working on your own initiative is a crucial part of this role. You will need to be familiar with the stock you sell in order to offer a confident customer experience.

You will need to be flexible when required to cover holiday and sickness absence. A uniform is provided at a nominal cost of £5 for a polo shirt. and £10 for a fleece. This is a position of 4 hours per week which may involve some weekend work. Please apply with a current CV to jobs@deeset.co.uk

This is a fantastic opportunity - for an introverted sixteen-year-old to gain people skills and experience responsibility while earning some money to spend on fun things.

Why is it demanding a CV and why is it advertised on a directgov web site?

:angry:

Those on some of the 'get back to work' schemes can often get clothing/uniform paid for if they get a job.

I worked in an office where we had to wear shirt/trousers, and my boss ever on the look out for cheap labor to abuse took on a guy on 'New Deal'.

This guy had 4 kids, and had been in and out of the get back to work schemes for years, had no intention of keeping the job longer than it took my boss to get fed up with him cocking stuff up. Anyway, the New Deal place offered to buy him some clothes, so as he knew he wouldn't be needing them for long bought 2 of us in the office new shirts/trousers from Burtons and submitted his receipt. I think he could have pushed it to some new shoes which he kept for himself.