House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bradbury Robinson

Domain Name &dns Problem

Here's the problem:

I had some domains and hosting with TSOHOST and had left others behind with 1AND1, today I decided to move them all over to TSOHOST.

Once they were over to TSOHOST I wanted to configure three of the domain names to forward to various URLs. This has never been a problem with 1AND1 but it seems TSOHOST do not do it the same way and to be able to forward the URL you would have to assign to a package, which then costs money for a service which was previously provided.

Short of transferring them back to 1AND1 and incurring a cost is there anything that can be done? They tried tinkering with the DNS but that hasn't worked, is it possible to point the DNS at TSOHOST to a third party service that would be able to do this? Effectively taking an extra hop?

Any ideas?

I used this once, not recently though.

http://freedns.afraid.org/

You just register with them and point your domains to their nameservers.

There are plenty of places that let you host unlimited domains for around £5 a month these days, been

using godaddy for a while without problems. All my domains are shit and pointless though.

Hope this helps!

I'd found myself at that site already but wasn't sure if it was what I was looking for, I will take a look!

My sites are the same as yours so not worried about them, just one is for somebody else and it's that one I've broken!