House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

Inguinal Hernia (Groin)

It appears a section of my bowel has decided to poke through a weakness in my stomach wall muscles.

Has anyone had a groin hernia before? I'm seeing a surgeon next week to discuss repair which I understand is a very minor procedure where they cut you open and poke it back in with a HB pencil and stitch some netting to stop it poking back through.

Any ideas of recovery time?

It appears a section of my bowel has decided to poke through a weakness in my stomach wall muscles.

Has anyone had a groin hernia before? I'm seeing a surgeon next week to discuss repair which I understand is a very minor procedure where they cut you open and poke it back in with a HB pencil and stitch some netting to stop it poking back through.

Any ideas of recovery time?

I had this done.Your above description of procedure is accurate. Up and around next day, and avoid heavy lifting for a few weeks. Painless, and nothing for you to worry about with this procedure.

I had this done.Your above description of procedure is accurate. Up and around next day, and avoid heavy lifting for a few weeks. Painless, and nothing for you to worry about with this procedure.

Ditto, they did both sides of mine, although only one side needed the repair, so I wouldn't need to go back again.

In and out in a day, was working from home next day.

my stomach hurts from reading this. And groin area in general.

It's actually affecting the whole area 'down there' front and back - something to do with the nerves apparently. Have had to stop running/football as impact excercises make it ache for days. When the doctor confirmed it was a hernia I breathed a sigh of relief as I thought it was something much worse.