House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomandlu

The Birth Of A Police State

Smell the fear...

http://scriptonitedaily.wordpress.com/2013/07/24/the-birth-of-a-police-state-uk-police-to-be-granted-sweeping-new-powers/

These new laws effectively end freedom of assembly in England and Wales, as any lawful assembly can be instantly redefined as illegal on the spot by some part time PCSO, people’s personal possessions can be confiscated, and anyone who dares to challenge the process will end up in jail.

A totalitarian forcing house based on consumerism and ancestor worship. Third World Britain is very strange. Worthy of an anthropologist's study.

:)

They don't even have to make it up, as anyone who's worked with large volumes of personal data or databases can tell you.

You're just one fat finger away from accidentally being allocated someone else's criminal record, or a death flag as I found in someone's credit record once (who was very much alive but wondered why he got declined for a loan).

This is hardly new. It started when Michael Howard became home secretary, accelerated enormously under Blair, slowed up a bit when the coalition came to power and is now speeding up once again. I see something like Singapore as the end point (only without capital and corporal punishment). E.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_demonstrations_in_Singapore

WTF!

I'm genuinely shocked by that, if my stepdaughters or (later) daughter ever consider going out with a policeman I'll mention what might happen if they dump them.

Stopped and breathalysed 70 times, always OK!

I've been breathalysed twice in my life which is twice as long as hers.

I recall a former east end ganster when asked which organised criminal gang he feared the most, replied "the police"!

:)

They don't even have to make it up, as anyone who's worked with large volumes of personal data or databases can tell you.

You're just one fat finger away from accidentally being allocated someone else's criminal record, or a death flag as I found in someone's credit record once (who was very much alive but wondered why he got declined for a loan).

Anyone who declares a computer program or database to be fault-free in court should face a mandatory prison sentence when they are found out to be wrong.

WTF!

I'm genuinely shocked by that, if my stepdaughters or (later) daughter ever consider going out with a policeman I'll mention what might happen if they dump them.

Stopped and breathalysed 70 times, always OK!

I've been breathalysed twice in my life which is twice as long as hers.

Incredible, isn't it? What's really shocking is not so much the behaviour of the ex-boyfriend or his 'mates' (there's always going to be some see-you-next-tuesdays in the world - get used to it), but that no one higher up wasn't both shocked and determined to act.

Did anyone see the TV program "make me a german".

Germany as portrayed as being a fabulous/sensible/sane place to live.

Remind me, ho won the war ?

Our predecessors were told they were fighting for freedom, I think someone might have lied.

:o

Our predecessors were told they were fighting for freedom, I think someone might have lied.

They were, but the banksters and politicos have found a way to return to the prewar division of wealth/health etc while promoting themselves and their own descendants into the elite.

Not enough people in the middle classes have realised it's a slow war aimed at eradicating them over time. If they're not going to be impoverished, their children mostly will.

Personally I think it was a piece of clever propaganda:

Working in a pencil factory their whole lives !? How sad. Obviously much better to have no job security, leads to a more exciting life.

German women choose to stay at home with young children ?! That's not normal is it? Obviously any sane woman wants to dump the sprogs and get back to work ASAP.

Couple with the derision of eating 1.5kg of pork sausages every week etc. Clever piece of reverse psychology.

Working in a pencil factory their whole lives !? How sad.

It sounds positively miserable. The idea of working in one job in one location for 40 years seems like the most tedious thing I can imagine.