House Price Crash Forum
Richard

Anyone Else Just Got What Looks Like A Btl Spam Mail From Property Bee?

I've just had an html mail that pupports to be from noreply@property-bee.com entitled "Manchester Buy-to-Let Apartments | Exclusive Pre-Launch Prices".

At the bottom it says:

"You are currently subscribed to the Knight Knox International newsletter as <email address>. To unsubscribe click here."

I most definitely have not subscribed to that.

Has anyone else had this?

Richard

I've just had an html mail that pupports to be from noreply@property-bee.com entitled "Manchester Buy-to-Let Apartments | Exclusive Pre-Launch Prices".

At the bottom it says:

"You are currently subscribed to the Knight Knox International newsletter as <email address>. To unsubscribe click here."

I most definitely have not subscribed to that.

Richard

You need to check the headers, it might only appear to come from property-bee (forged reply-to address)

Edited by aSecureTenant

You need to check the headers, it might only appear to come from property-bee (forged reply-to address)

Exactly. I saw going to post this but then I could not be sure this is from PB.

Header's won't help though as most of these mails are sent via 3rd party mass mailing platform.

Given the number of us who get it, there is a chance that it does comes from PB database though - but we should make no such claim/complain under this is verified.

Richard

Yep - it would be nice to know how this has happened. TBH if the property-bee blokes have earned a couple of quid selling on my email address I'm not going to lose much sleep over it...

Yep - it would be nice to know how this has happened. TBH if the property-bee blokes have earned a couple of quid selling on my email address I'm not going to lose much sleep over it...

I don't begrudge them that either - but data protection is such a sticky area and if someone takes exception to the fact that their consent has not been sought then that could ultimately jeopardise the service; they do need to be careful.

Anyway as I acknowledged in my original posting, this may be a hack.

Richard

I received it also and my registered email address is unique to PB. It would be some coincidence that an unrelated spammer managed to create some random email addresses, just happened to work out my registered one and also hit many other PB users as well!

I just assumed it had been bought or the creator had moved into another business area.

Got one too.

Every place I sign up to I use a unique email address, so I can track who's sharing and block if required. It's quite surprising the number of places with leaky email databases, and even more surprising when it's from places which really should know better.

Just to re-cap.....

Beerhunter came to a commercial arrangement with Nethouseprices:

http://www.property-bee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12016

It's impossible to know for sure but judging from the way the support forum has become infected with spammers it would seem that Beerhunter has little or no ongoing involvement - which is fair enough because he did a fantastic job to keep it going.

Richard

Just checked spam folder and I got one too, to the address I registered with PB.

Anyone care to speculate on what sort of conversion ratio will be achieved by this advertiser in respect of the PB user base?

:)

Edited by Richard

Anyone care to speculate on what sort of conversion ratio will be achieved by this advertiser in respect of the PB user base?

:)

Funnily enough, I was speculating if there was some way we could game them by all signing up...