House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Coffeehead

Feeling Weak

Commentators are saying that it's going to be 5 years until interest rates might go up.

I'm not sure I can wait that long and don't know how I'm going to feel if prices spike again.

Is it time to buy?

Commentators are saying that it's going to be 5 years until interest rates might go up.

I'm not sure I can wait that long and don't know how I'm going to feel if prices spike again.

Is it time to buy?

If you want to buy, then buy.

No more woe is me posts

wishful thinking. this insanity can't go on much longer.

im thinking of starting a website to get savers on board who are willing to donate 50 quid and take legal action against the boe and the government.

could have no effect of could stop them in their tracks.

is it time to buy a house...no.

is it time to do something proactive...yes.

we basically had a man in a suit on the state tv channel last night telling savers, in my opinion,..tough...we will continue to steal your money and you should be grateful and believe the nonsense my banker friends have told me to say....

or maybe save our savers could do something...id happily donate.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Savers against the bank that owns this country lol, they will have the law changed to meet their needs. Give your money to a boomer so they can once again enjoy the high life in a hot country whilst you slave for the rest of yours lol.

Savers against the bank that owns this country lol, they will have the law changed to meet their needs. Give your money to a boomer so they can once again enjoy the high life in a hot country whilst you slave for the rest of yours lol.

Boomers, boomers, boomers,boomers, boomers....... do you never bleat about anything else?

Plenty of boomers are really pissed off with the current economic policy!

im thinking of starting a website to get savers on board who are willing to donate 50 quid and take legal action against the boe and the government.

could have no effect of could stop them in their tracks.

is it time to do something proactive...yes.

we basically had a man in a suit on the state tv channel last night telling savers, in my opinion,..tough...we will continue to steal your money and you should be grateful and believe the nonsense my banker friends have told me to say....

or maybe save our savers could do something...id happily donate.

Ditto.

Leaving aside the 0.5% base rate seemingly the real damage inflicted on savers is the FFL scheme. Banks/Building Societies are using FFL as justification for lowering interest rates. Bllox. the £80bn has hardly been touched. Up to 1st qtr 2013 just £16.5bn has been 'loaned' to participating banks. Thats an average of just £253 for every person in the UK. Peanuts! see http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Pages/news/2013/070.aspx

So how can the availability of this paltry sum result in actual savings interest rates being almost halved in one year?

I think the answer in market collusion. Think of the LIBOR scandal but on a HUGE scale.

At the risk of being acussed of invoking Godwin's Law:

Quote Joseph Gobbels “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Boomers, boomers, boomers,boomers, boomers....... do you never bleat about anything else?

Plenty of boomers are really pissed off with the current economic policy!

Reminds me of Baldrik's 'song' that he wrote, how does it end? Boom boom boom? Lol.

Anyway, to blame a generation for something outside their control i.e. being born at a certain time is a bit silly. Human nature as it is, I'm sure we'd all make the most of the luck that has been thrown our way. Blame the broken system and the corrupt and/or incompetent people that oversee it.