House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

2013/14 Football Season

Bonkers. It very likely means that Ronaldo is on his way back to Manchester United as part of a huge Nike/Chevrolet sponsorship package. Spurs should take 80 million and look to get four emerging 20million-rated players to really balance the team.

But although my love of football was killed off years ago this prem season is probably one of the more interesting ones of recent years.

New Man U manager.

Special one back.

Arsenal looking to spend big.

The surprise packages of last season like West Brom and Swansea look to have strengthened their squads well.

Bonkers. It very likely means that Ronaldo is on his way back to Manchester United as part of a huge Nike/Chevrolet sponsorship package. Spurs should take 80 million and look to get four emerging 20million-rated players to really balance the team.

But although my love of football was killed off years ago this prem season is probably one of the more interesting ones of recent years.

New Man U manager.

Special one back.

The surprise packages of last season like West Brom and Swansea look to have strengthened their squads well.

Amazing turnover in managers. Only 3 of last year's premiership teams have had a manager for more than one season, I believe.

New Man U manager.

Special one back.

How bonkers is this? http://manchesterunitedforum.org/topic/2981-united-nearly-abandoned-all-stars-game-in-australia/

Game nearly called off, as the wrong sponsor was showing on the scoreboard...World's gone mad...

Man U fans are now "back in the real world"...They've only ever known success for the last twenty years or so, with a freak of a manager...I'm personally not convinced by Moyes...I think they'll be in for a shock if they finish outside the top 4... I occasionally read Redcafe...I think a lot of them are in denial...

WBA lost Lukaku. Swansea haven't lost anyone they wanted to keep and have strengthened with some more Spanish bargains but have the distraction of the Europa League.

Yep - they should take it and get 3-4 top quality players in.

Maybe not this year - but next year they could have a real chance of the title.

I think man u will be outside top 3.

New Man U manager.

Special one back.

Arsenal looking to spend big? What, a whole £50,000 ? :o

I think man u will be outside top 3.

Quite a bold statement considering they finished 16 points clear of Arsenal last season. You can get 7/2 for United not to finish in the top 3, if you fancy it.

Arsenal spend big? I'll believe it when it actually happens, as they've spent zip so far.

Bale is gone, why hold out for another £5-10 million that would get hoovered up on panic buy replacements, same with Suarez (who can't play for the first six games anyway).

I think Man U finishing outside the top 3 is worth a bet, as their midfield is ropey and no one seems to want to join them.

Man City are difficult to call, depends if the new Manager does a Mourino or a Juande Ramos.

Chelsea are top two with Liverpool/Arsenal threatening but fading towards the end.

Everton for the drop (really hope I'm wrong), along with Cardiff and Hull.