House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steppenpig

What's Still Great And British

Beer (though most Brits drink sh1te now).

Some food (Cheddar, Stilton, drycure bacon, good fish and chips, decent Thai and Indian takeaways)

Humour

TV (if you think it's poor try other countries)

Cricket

Being able to drive to the sea.

Supermarkets that actually compete on quality and price instead of forming a cartel.

The NHS (yes really, it could be better but at least not extortionate and they will in general save your life)

I am fond of both black pudding and haggis, but can anyone explain the attraction of TRIPE? :blink:

Red hair and freckles and Welsh.

What's really British?

Cricket is a curious sophistication of the English.

English is German & French & Latin & Greek & 'Merican.

So it's over to Wales and their frolicsome babes.

Cricket.

A fine Indian game! :blink:

Cox's. (Also Worcesters, Bramleys and sometimes Braeburns). Foreign apples are rubbish, including foreign Braeburns.

Some excellent Brit apples, not just the varieties you name. And I'm enjoying the first few blackberries of the season.

Also some excellent foreign ones. For example, from the Alto Adige (Sudtirol) region in the far north of Italy, sometimes to be found in Lidl.

But what have they done to Granny Smiths, to make them so bland these days? They used to be one of the best. :(

French water

But Brit water is dire. If you want to drink water, it's just not up to it.

I expect it's a cultural tradition. I took to good drinking water when I lived in Italy, and it's one thing I now miss :(

Toffs.

Nobody does wealthy, land-owning, green-wellied, horse-riding, fox-hunting, head-up-their-****, living in a time-warp, interbred, hooray-Henry, blue-blooded, dysfunctional, privately-educated parasitic retards better than us.

XYY

Toffs.

Nobody does wealthy, land-owning, green-wellied, horse-riding, fox-hunting, head-up-their-****, living in a time warp, interbred, hooray-Henry, blue-blooded, dysfunctional, privately-educated parasitic retards better than us.

You ******ing snob.

Last week I watched a program about the British car industry and how the taxpayers sunk shedloads of cash into Austin Rover, and how BMW then went on to make a success of the Mini.

Last night I watched a program about how the British dockworkers brought down their industry the same way that the miners did.

Tonight I watched a program about Germany and their personal standards, work ethic and culture.

I'm not that "well-travelled" but Germany and The Netherlands seem to p*** all over us.

Really struggling to come up with things here... I can think of: the English language. Some of our architecture. Our countryside.