Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
flyingscotsman

Offer On Repossession

Recommended Posts

Hi

We submitted an offer for a house being sold by an estate agent who is acting on behalf of the bank.

The offer has been rejected and we have now been asked to submit our "best offer" together with more formal information on our circumstances - e.g. what finance is in place etc.

Our understanding is that in house sales like these you can put in an offer and then even if it is accepted you can still be beaten by a better offer until contracts have been exchanged.

The estate agent informs us that when an offer has been accepted it will be advertised as such with an invite to further potential bidders.

Therefore I think we should just make a slightly better offer and if it is again rejected we ask how we will find out what the accepted offer is. My guess is will show up on Rightmove as that is where the house is currently advertised. We can then decided whether to improve upon the last offer we made.

The idea that we should just come up with our "best offer" now does not seem acceptable to us.

Any advice on how to handle circumstances like this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

We submitted an offer for a house being sold by an estate agent who is acting on behalf of the bank.

The offer has been rejected and we have now been asked to submit our "best offer" together with more formal information on our circumstances - e.g. what finance is in place etc.

Our understanding is that in house sales like these you can put in an offer and then even if it is accepted you can still be beaten by a better offer until contracts have been exchanged.

The estate agent informs us that when an offer has been accepted it will be advertised as such with an invite to further potential bidders.

Therefore I think we should just make a slightly better offer and if it is again rejected we ask how we will find out what the accepted offer is. My guess is will show up on Rightmove as that is where the house is currently advertised. We can then decided whether to improve upon the last offer we made.

The idea that we should just come up with our "best offer" now does not seem acceptable to us.

Any advice on how to handle circumstances like this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

You can of course always top your so-called 'best offer' if outbid.

Ultimately, you should bid no more than what you think the house is worth to you and what you can comfortable afford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can of course always top your so-called 'best offer' if outbid.

Ultimately, you should bid no more than what you think the house is worth to you and what you can comfortable afford.

Topping the "best offer" if outbid was the plan I mentioned in my starting post.

And of course we'll only go as high as we dare :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im about to put a bid in for a repo through estate agents. i hate the way they broadcast what your offer is in the paper. they dont do that with private sellers so why they do it because the banks are selling really pisses me off.

could i submit an offer on the basis that no such info was published?

is there any way that i could lose money by paying for fees etc and then get gazumped?

i hate being fked about. if an offer is accepted then its accepted, i do not want to be used as a backup bid or marker.

any advice?

thanks

Edited by houses-do-my-head-in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   203 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.