House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
or in excess of

Nationwide Figures

Just saw an article about the latest Nationwide figures on BBC Breakfast. The reporter stated that although prices were static or falling in some areas, overall prices were moving in the RIGHT direction.

Yup, buy-to-let is the investment of choice for the journalist class.

Just saw an article about the latest Nationwide figures on BBC Breakfast. The reporter stated that although prices were static or falling in some areas, overall prices were moving in the RIGHT direction.

Yup with zero hour contracts, low or no pay rises, cuts in housing benefits just to name a few, prices are only going to go one way, <_<

The Halifax figures were out this morning that why.

Prices in the three months to July rose by 2.1% compared with the previous three months, the lender said, with prices up 0.9% in July itself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23585076

The Nationwide/Halifax figures used to attract a massive thread on here at one time. Now tumbleweed.

Never mind tractor production is up too.

The UK media is now a parody of itself, I chuckle every time I see an HPI love piece, then followed by a doom and gloom economic piece, it's totally cognitive dissonance land. I'm amazed how they manage to get away with it, it's almost as if the producers don't read the news items they are trotting out...amazing. :lol:

reminds me of

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." = British Main Stream Media. <_<

The UK media is now a parody of itself, I chuckle every time I see an HPI love piece, then followed by a doom and gloom economic piece, it's totally cognitive dissonance land. I'm amazed how they manage to get away with it, it's almost as if the producers don't read the news items they are trotting out...amazing. :lol:

reminds me of

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." = British Main Stream Media. dry.gif

Yes, it is a sham, very sad, don`t think the bbc has much influence now though? The Idiot Lantern is just such an obvious brainwashing tool. I hope more and more people are switching off. Problem is, if the sheeple don`t have their face in a TV screen it is stuck in a phone or a computer (:P ) or a game, the Controllers have their dream of 24 hour mobile brainwashing, tragic how many buy into it.