House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlueCat

Pink For A Girl?

No idea why the Wail thought this was a story - I can't quite figure out which button they were trying to press:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2384726/Pregnant-Sarah-Sharples-spends-3-000-pink-baby-clothes-boy.html

However, it was worth clicking on it for these two comments. The most popular:

I once spent £7.32 on chicken and vegetables for tea then when my husband got home from work he fancied chilli... Where's my story?

And this one, still on the first page of most popular ones:

And the moral is? Why choose a path for your child before even he or she is born. Why pink for a girl? Why blue for a boy? If you were having twins I'll bet my last pound that you would have bought matching outfits. But why? Stop conforming and teach your child to be individual. And don't let him ever find out how disappointed you are that he wasn't a girl!

Not a bad showing for a paper supposedly only read by reactionary bigots.

No idea why the Wail thought this was a story - I can't quite figure out which button they were trying to press:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2384726/Pregnant-Sarah-Sharples-spends-3-000-pink-baby-clothes-boy.html

However, it was worth clicking on it for these two comments. The most popular:

And this one, still on the first page of most popular ones:

Not a bad showing for a paper supposedly only read by reactionary bigots.

Madness to do all that preperation and spend when there is always a margin of uncertainty on the scan pictures, even if small.

As someone with their first kid arriving in a few months, I'm having my eyes opened to this colour craziness in clothes, toys etc etc. It's just a means of extracting maximum revenue from parents by making some toys/clothes 'off limits' to a boy/girl. Easy to see why when they get people rolling up to drop £3k on this stuff. I had to laugh at the picture of the woman with all the gear, I've been looking at baby bottles in the past few days and I saw pink ones for sale and thought "Who on earth would buy those?"...

I'm not a hippy but I'm not going to be buying pink or baby blue stuff, solid colours look better anyway. Everyone looks great in pillar-box red.

Madness to do all that preperation and spend when there is always a margin of uncertainty on the scan pictures, even if small.

As someone with their first kid arriving in a few months, I'm having my eyes opened to this colour craziness in clothes, toys etc etc. It's just a means of extracting maximum revenue from parents by making some toys/clothes 'off limits' to a boy/girl. Easy to see why when they get people rolling up to drop £3k on this stuff. I had to laugh at the picture of the woman with all the gear, I've been looking at baby bottles in the past few days and I saw pink ones for sale and thought "Who on earth would buy those?"...

I'm not a hippy but I'm not going to be buying pink or baby blue stuff, solid colours look better anyway. Everyone looks great in pillar-box red.

Who needs a bottle ?

Its this sentence that I found the most offensive..

Discovering it was a girl meant the forward-thinking couple could purchase all they needed for their 'little princess'.

You know exactly how "she" would have been brought up...Moreover, what is it with these stupid hyphenated names?

Stuff like this drives me up the wall...

31DdxmpiSnL.jpg

It makes out that they are special...they are certainly not...

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be trying and trying...again and again...until they she gets a DD ((((HUGZ))))

Because she's worth it

Your child will most likely gravitate towards the 'correct' colour regardless of what you do. Children are influenced by many other people other than their parents.

Your child will most likely gravitate towards the 'correct' colour regardless of what you do. Children are influenced by many other people other than their parents.

Agreed. A few children of friends showed little interest in stereotypical shyte until they attended school/preschool.

However, it was worth clicking on it for these two comments.

Sadly, most of the comments seem to be missing the point. They seem to be mostly saying that the parents should only have bought several thousand pounds' worth of pink 'little princess' stuff when they knew for certain it was a girl.

Dimwits the lot of 'em. ;)