House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEATH

A Third Of The Championship Begins With "b"

I have just noticed a third of the Championship footy league begins with the letter "B".

Bournemouth, Blackpool, Bolton, Brighton, Burnley, Blackburn, Birmingham and Barnsley.

I believe this may be a conspiracy but need to investigate this further.

I have wondered about this, whether there is something linguistic in so many major population centres beginning with "B", 90 minutes (football mag) used to talk about the "B division".

There's Black (=dark) for Blackpool and Blackburn.

And Brist (divided) for the Bristols and probably Brighton.

Burn (ley) for a stream is quite common.

But Bradford, Bournemouth, Birmingham, Bolton, Barnsley - pass. Just coincidence that it's B then, or easy to say.

I have just noticed a third of the Championship footy league begins with the letter "B".

Bournemouth, Blackpool, Bolton, Brighton, Burnley, Blackburn, Birmingham and Barnsley.

I believe this may be a conspiracy but need to investigate this further.

None in the premiership, suggest that we promote the first 4 so that they've got their fair share.

100% of football should be banned, due to the effect it has on the average prole male.

Watch cricket, rugby, or polo you oiks

25% of the teams are from Yorkshire. Pathetic.

(5 of whom are in the bottom 7 after the first day lol )

It's strange, you have twenty five thousand posts but I cannot remember you being here before today!

Have you changed your name recently?

:blink:

It's strange, you have twenty five thousand posts but I cannot remember you being here before today!

Have you changed your name recently?

:blink:

I'm not sure if that was sarcastic, but if not:

hotairmail

I'm not sure if that was sarcastic, but if not:

hotairmail

I never change my name Frank, but I notice you have had several logos! :o

I never change my name Frank, but I notice you have had several logos! :o

True, I am not in a position to criticise Mr P.

I don't intend to change again but I felt my previous one and info was making me appear to be:

- in my 60s or 70s (Richard Nixon avatar)

- and living in Wales (location: West Welsh, which is actually Devon and Cornwall but you need to know The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle to get that 'joke')

I noticed that some posting replies were implicitly assuming one or the other of these things (I can't remember quite what I was asking but I was directed to several places that were in Wales as people thought I lived there) so I changed both.

I won't change again as it is the major part of how people perceive you as a poster and an 80s indie band cover is about right (Felt if anybody's interested). You are Sooty, RK is Frank Sidebottom, Winkie winks, longtom is Inspector Gadget, BlueLoo is whatever that is, etc.

Full credit btw to DT Mark and the departed Steve Cook for actually having themselves in their avatars. Oh, and of course Bossybabe ;)

True, I am not in a position to criticise Mr P.

I won't change again as it is the major part of how people perceive you as a poster and an 80s indie band cover is about right (Felt if anybody's interested). You are Sooty, RK is Frank Sidebottom, Winkie winks, longtom is Inspector Gadget, BlueLoo is whatever that is, etc.

Full credit btw to DT Mark and the departed Steve Cook for actually having themselves in their avatars. Oh, and of course Bossybabe ;)

I wouldn't want to be mistaken for Welsh! Were you not "Sid the Sexist" once! Obvioulsly I am not really Sooty! Actually I looked in a mirror the other day, and I don't have a reflection, but if I did, I probably look a bit like Denethor, Steward of Gondor, and I wanted to be Sean Bean, but unfortunately I'm more like the other Mr Bean! :blink:

I wouldn't want to be mistaken for Welsh! Were you not "Sid the Sexist" once! Obvioulsly I am not really Sooty! Actually I looked in a mirror the other day, and I don't have a reflection, but if I did, I probably look a bit like Denethor, Steward of Gondor, and I wanted to be Sean Bean, but unfortunately I'm more like the other Mr Bean! :blink:

Not really Sooty :(

Maybe this is more apt then:

211120-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Man-Driving-His-Convertible-Car-On-A-Desert-Road-350x313.jpg

Not really Sooty :(

Maybe this is more apt then:

It's amazing how you imagine other "internet" people! ;)

I guess I'm a bit like Marmite!

Can we get a tedious link to the letter B from every club in the championship?

Nottingham Forest, referred to by local rivals Derby as Nottingham Florist, the main business of a florist is to sell flowers, flowers are pollenated by bees. It's those B's again!