House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
madenph

Home Information Packs 'go-live' Date Announced

This will exaggerate the 'flight to quality' even further than we are already seeing in the early stages of this downturn.

Anyone with a property with the slightest hint of a structural issue, even if it's easily fixable, will have to offer discounts to get buyers interested. At the moment so many people buy blind, especially first time buyers who see the £700 full survey fee as unnecessarily expensive - I know I did when I bought my first flat !!

Or alternatively, it will force people to fix the problems before they put their property on the market.

It is also, perhaps, another little job creation scheme.

Reflects my view that increasingly having the population employed in State activities directly or, as in this case via Government regulation, indirectly, is an unstated aim of the current administration.

Or am I now too cynical?

It is also, perhaps, another little job creation scheme.

Reflects my view that increasingly having the population employed in State activities directly or, as in this case via Government regulation, indirectly, is an unstated aim of the current administration.

Or am I now too cynical?

But won't it also reduce jobs in solicitors and surveyors firms as fewer aborted transactions will occur.

I still think this is a good idea, people always criticise anything a government does. But this should make buying a house much easier, especially for first timers as they dont have to pay the costs of a survey.

Good news I hope, but guess we will have to see.

But won't it also reduce jobs in solicitors and surveyors firms as fewer aborted transactions will occur.

Who knows, I think from past discussions here the HPC jury is still out.

They will, iirc, have to be kept up to date so involving more expense if your attempted sale drags on.

Then maybe, more items wil be added to the report in the future, as is often the way with these things.

I still think this is a good idea, people always criticise anything a government does. But this should make buying a house much easier, especially for first timers as they dont have to pay the costs of a survey.

Good news I hope, but guess we will have to see.

In past talk here some suggested that lenders may still insist on their own survey.

In past talk here some suggested that lenders may still insist on their own survey.

Ah, the drive by survey, which literally takes all of 3 minutes. It's more an excuse to charge extra fees than anything else - so yes, lenders will still insist on it.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that a person can qualify to produce homebuyers packs in about 2 weeks. No formal qualifications or previous experience needed, just pay the training organisation who'll provide the ticket :blink:

Another job creation scheme from 'Two Jags and Three Homes' ?

Just imagine how many homes will go up for sale before the deadline... ;)

This is actually a very good point.

I remember some of the, err, more 'experienced' posters on here talking about how the promised removal of MIRAS triggerred a property transaction frenzy back in the late 80s.

Similarly in Australia last year, did a proposed change in tax law suddenly cause investors to sell en mass before the deadline, starting their crash ??

Herd instinct is quite incredibly to watch - whether it's wildebeest on some nature programme, or property muppets in the UK !!!! :lol: